ijacobs3

Expert Member
or not being able to unsubscribe from their spam emails

i have clicked on unsubscribe so many times, but still i get the junk

eehellfire

Honorary Master
or not being able to unsubscribe from their spam emails

i have clicked on unsubscribe so many times, but still i get the junk
yeah - only one unsubscribe link actually works. And you have to unsubscribe to each category individually

Beylie

We lost about R200 after using them so I immediately unsubscribed. Crap crap crap.

TJ99

Honorary Master
One of these days I'm going to have to find out WTF this "Groupon" thing is. Same for "Superbru".

Although maybe it's better not knowing, it might be something horrible like what happened with "dubstep."

werfie

Expert Member
ANOTHER COMPANY WHICH SHOWS FLAGRANT DISREGARD TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!! Your customers pay YOU money, so if there is a problem in your supply chain, sort it out or refund the money. Why come with excuses that your vendors and what not can't deliver, it is still not them being paid by your customers, so the buck stops with you!!!!!!! It is actually just embarrassing for you to hide behind something like a refund policy or fraud to try and justify substandard customer service. Slowly but surely you will loose customer after customer until you go bust. There isn't a never ending supply of customers you know???? Business 101 learns you that it is more valuable to maintain a customer than to get a new one!

xrapidx

Honorary Master
My fiance bought a product from them, not delivered, I've lodged a dispute with FNB (strangely enough, FNB will not immediately do a refund as Groupon is one of their merchants). If Groupon go under during this time - I will hold FNB responsible for the money as they are currently the delay in refunding me.

I've since lodged a dispute with ASA, and the consumer commission, but doubt the toothless latter will do anything

Latino1982

Never had a problem with them and I have used them like 5 times already ... I guess im lucky :D

Devill

Damned
Used them twice for Wine farm lunches that was awesome.

Then my gf and I bought a voucher for a hotel in thailand. When we then presented the voucher to the hotel all was fine until they saked how old we were and informed us that the special is only valid for people over 30.

This was not stated on the original offering and groupon added that little detail only AFTER we already bought ours. They refused to refund our money. Luckly some bright spark must have taken a screen shot and could prove that they fscked up.

We were refunded within a week.

I have not bought anything from them since.

lloydkayak

I have used them extensively for service type offerings (been refunded twice so far)
I can see the hassle with product type offerings and deliveries but ja services like accommodation etc is very easy to organise with a groupon voucher... Not waiting on stock or couriers!

Thumbs up for me!!!

Johnfpro

They are useless; I have tried to unsubscribe without success. I have just entered their name into the firewall at my ISP

marine1

Honorary Master
My old man loves them, uses them all the time for restaurants

drukkie

Expert Member
Readers Digest....are you sure ???? hahahaha
try unsubscribing from those guys!!!

cjimme

This company is well dodgy.

After reading this article I tried to call them on the number listed on my voucher (0861 476 8766) number doesn't even ring, gives a signal that the number is invalid.

Then I found another number 021 401 0700 (from the email where support agent said they would be processing my refund - it's been a month, no refund).

That number is also invalid. I guess the company has either gone belly up or disconnected their phone and soon to go belly up :(.

Damn I wish I'd follow up on my refund sooner - looks like I'm out of pocket.

cjimme

Also can't unsubscribe from their newsletter. Anyone willing to share that link where you can unsubscribe from? :)

I'm so not keen to hear from this company again. Being scammed leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I've actually advised other people on their Facebook page to claim refunds via their bank if they paid by credit card, and to lay complains with the consumer commission and ASA if relevant... I see groupon have been deleting the posts if they have nothing to hide, why they worried about people being made aware of other customer service avenues.

cjimme

I've actually advised other people on their Facebook page to claim refunds via their bank if they paid by credit card, and to lay complains with the consumer commission and ASA if relevant... I see groupon have been deleting the posts if they have nothing to hide, why they worried about people being made aware of other customer service avenues.
But can you claim back funds almost 3 months after you've paid?