GTA V is now free - How to get it

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
No way one can play this from cloud storage? My SSD is only 240GB on my laptop and I don't have a gaming PC anymore :(

If I can somehow get this working from Google Drive or One Drive, that would be awesome (but somehow I doubt it)

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought the captcha was ridiculous. I thought I was going mad! I really don’t know what they define as a crosswalk, but clearly we have a difference of opinion.
#MeToo

Sinbad

Honorary Master
No way one can play this from cloud storage? My SSD is only 240GB on my laptop and I don't have a gaming PC anymore :(

If I can somehow get this working from Google Drive or One Drive, that would be awesome (but somehow I doubt it)
Get a USB3 SSD?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Get a USB3 SSD?
So I installed the launcher on my PC, but after having added the game to my library, I chose for it to be installed onto a mounted Google Drive instance
1589619938070.png

This gon' take a while.

OCP

Expert Member

External SSD on USB3 should be ok?

Or if you have a NAS add an iSCSI block partition ;-)
(Would need to on cable network though - WiFi would not cope)

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
External SSD on USB3 should be ok?

Or if you have a NAS add an iSCSI block partition ;-)
(Would need to on cable network though - WiFi would not cope)
Thanks for the heads up, but don't have the hardware at the moment.

I'm looking at getting two PC's for the kids (since I have no idea when they're going back to school), so will get some decent storage then (and sneak in a GPU for myself :) )

Back to my mission. It seems it downloaded and cached to my local drive and now it's uploading to Google Drive

1589622463406.png

Reactions: OCP

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Hory shet!!!

Warning, if you're going to do what I'm trying, just remember it will calculate the storage as mine is doing below since it has to download the entire game to your machine and then upload it to Drive - it alternates between downloading and uploading. Not sure what the algorithm is. For those interested, I'm using RaiDrive

I have a 200/20 line so the uploads take ages!

1589622947556.png

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Hory shet!!!

Warning, if you're going to do what I'm trying, just remember it will calculate the storage as mine is doing below since it has to download the entire game to your machine and then upload it to Drive - it alternates between downloading and uploading. Not sure what the algorithm is. For those interested, I'm using RaiDrive

I have a 200/20 line so the uploads take ages!

View attachment 841277
All that to find out it's going to be unplayable.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
All that to find out it's going to be unplayable.
That's very likely. I'm actually thinking of cancelling it now since the read/write cycles to my local drive are not good.

Let me go look for and old external 3.5" I know I have in the garage somewhere.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
That's very likely. I'm actually thinking of cancelling it now since the read/write cycles to my local drive is not good.

Let me go look for and old external 3.5" I know I have in the garage somewhere.
This is what it was going to look like but worse: