Gumtree bans the sale of donkeys on its site

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Dammit. There goes my plans. Anybody on myBB looking for a sweet piece of a$$?

Magandroid

Expert Member
That's so discriminatory. What about the dogs and puppies and kittens that's sold in Gumtree.

Zen17h

So either buying or selling on Gumtree should be completely thankless now
("Buy a donkey" = "baie dankie")

R13...

Honorary Master
I see dead donkeys left to rot on the side of the road in rural areas. A person could drive around skinning these at 7K a skin and make a handsome profit. You could also skin some of the live ones left to roam the side of the roads causing accidents. Not skin alive of course.

abzo

Honorary Master
Ass-tastic
Fiesta I don't know if it's just me but I really don't get your jokes. I mean this one doesn't even make sense. It's not even a pun or anything related. You're just forcing it.

Even something as lame as "fantasstic" would have been better in this case.

I just don't know anymore.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Fiesta I don't know if it's just me but I really don't get your jokes. I mean this one doesn't even make sense. It's not even a pun or anything related. You're just forcing it.

Even something as lame as "fantasstic" would have been better in this case.

I just don't know anymore.
Sigh.... back in my box then....

Swa

Honorary Master
That's so discriminatory. What about the dogs and puppies and kittens that's sold in Gumtree.
“We call upon other websites to follow this worthy lead and to widen this to include all animals.”

Doesn't make sense to me. Not everyone is a "backyard" breeder and there are plenty advertised in newspapers. It would also prevent people advertising strays and pets they don't want. I would rather have something find a decent home than be abused.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I saw a Namibian newspaper report that the Chinese folk are building a donkey abattoir in the North of our land!