Gunman shot and killed: Paris

abzo

Honorary Master

Sollie

Executive Member
Nope. Right winging isn’t exclusive to whites, obviously. The point was that Islamic terrorism is right wing. The white part is irrelevant, this guy and the BBs etc just happened to be.
Exactly, yet this is where some were going.

The basic problem is trying to make religious extremism off as right. It's something else again. It will always cause issues.

I have Muslim friends. Some are rather traditional in their views, but they won't slit my throat if we disagree about religion. Others are laid back. Ditto I have Christian friends. Some staunch Christians, some quite liberal. In that we find Protestant and Catholic. Hell, I even have one friend who's a Mormon, we regularly joke about how it will work if I had marry her ...

Do I call the Christian Jammer Tannies, who plan their neighbourhood soup programs with military precision to the detriment of the neighbourhood, right? Does not compute. Yet they're on a mission. If anything, they're left wing and Christian.

Trying to map religion extremism to left/right just does not work. It's something else again. There are quite a few studies on this - I just grabbed the first / best one to illustrate the definitions, but there are some real good ones out there.

The Free Radical

This will ensure more votes for Marine Le Pen's National Front (right wing nationalists).
The French have had enough of the EU multicultural experiment.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Exactly, yet this is where some were going.

The basic problem is trying to make religious extremism off as right. It's something else again. It will always cause issues.

I have Muslim friends. Some are rather traditional in their views, but they won't slit my throat if we disagree about religion. Others are laid back. Ditto I have Christian friends. Some staunch Christians, some quite liberal. In that we find Protestant and Catholic. Hell, I even have one friend who's a Mormon, we regularly joke about how it will work if I had marry her ...

Do I call the Christian Jammer Tannies, who plan their neighbourhood soup programs with military precision to the detriment of the neighbourhood, right? Does not compute. Yet they're on a mission. If anything, they're left wing and Christian.

Trying to map religion extremism to left/right just does not work. It's something else again. There are quite a few studies on this - I just grabbed the first / best one to illustrate the definitions, but there are some real good ones out there.
I don't think religion could ever be left-wing. Politics in the Marxist-Leninist sense has seen religion purged and suppressed throughout history. Religion is seen as a tool for control and manipulation and left-wingers, unless it is the state exercising control, do not like that. The Soviets and the Khmer Rogue as examples, forbade or suppressed religious practices.

Going further back, the original left-wing in France opposed the clergy as they empowered the monarchy ('Divine right of kings').

Leftists are also the biggest proponents of the separation of church and state.

Many religions are also at odds with liberal and progressive ideas championed by the left.

By design all major religions are about control and intolerance is inherent. Most of them don't even tolerate one another within their own sub-branches. They're various flavours of right.

Last edited:

surface

Executive Member
This is where I appreciate ex-muslims on youtube. They are making a huge online effort to normalize so called blasphemy.