Gunmen hijack metro cop in Soweto, kill him and burn his car

Currantly

Expert Member
Johannesburg - A 27-year metro police officer who had just graduated from the Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department Academy (JMPD) in November was hijacked in Soweto, shot dead and his car set alight.

His vehicle, a white Hyundai i20, was found not far from where his naked body lay.

Xolani Fihla, of the JMPD, said Neo Sepuru was driving his private vehicle and returning from a departmental soccer match in Marlboro when he was hijacked outside his home in Dube Village, Soweto, at about 7.45pm.

“It’s alleged that before officer Sepuru was hijacked the suspects had robbed a vehicle in the same area, but they abandoned it due to a breakdown.

“The hijackers then approached officer Sepuru, taking him and his vehicle, a white Hyundai i20. At the time of the incident, officer Sepuru was still wearing his JMPD uniform.”

Fihla said Tracker managed to pick up the vehicle’s signal at Jabulani hostel.

Linky

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
RIP

Fscking scum, I do hope they find them and it happens to turn into a shootout where they all miraculously get shot so we don't waste any time in courts or our money on having them in jail.

Ryansr

Expert Member
This is so sad to read that these hijackers can instantly turn into murderers if they see something that they don't like. The death sentence is really needed to curb such blatant display of disregard for human life by these criminals.

ToxicBunny

This is so sad to read that these hijackers can instantly turn into murderers if they see something that they don't like. The death sentence is really needed to curb such blatant display of disregard for human life by these criminals.

Unfortunately the death sentence doesn't actually achieve that end goal unfortunately, much as we'd like to think it will.

ToxicBunny

Maybe, but I have heard that it cuts down on recidivism.

For those who are caught, convicted and get all the way through to the end of the sentence yes of course it significantly cuts down on their recidivism, for everyone else not so much oddly enough.

SAguy

Executive Member
For those who are caught, convicted and get all the way through to the end of the sentence yes of course it significantly cuts down on their recidivism, for everyone else not so much oddly enough.
Nevermind the high cost of the death penalty as well... would love for nothing more than these scum to be taken out, but unfortunately death penalty just doesn't get it done.

Oldfut

I am not a supporter of the death penalty actually; rather that a life sentence be just that (with hard labour if possible); die in jail rather than out on Cyril's birthday and other twaddle.

See a cop was beaten to death with bricks and bottles in Eerste River, Cape Town last Saturday it seems (https://www.news24.com/news24/south...ten-to-death-with-bricks-and-bottles-20210401). Hardly makes the headlines with Cyril and Cele unperturbed. Savages indeed.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I am not a supporter of the death penalty actually; rather that a life sentence be just that (with hard labour if possible); die in jail rather than out on Cyril's birthday and other twaddle.

See a cop was beaten to death with bricks and bottles in Eerste River, Cape Town last Saturday it seems (https://www.news24.com/news24/south...ten-to-death-with-bricks-and-bottles-20210401). Hardly makes the headlines with Cyril and Cele unperturbed. Savages indeed.
Aren't the perps just following Malema's instructions?

Cray

Honorary Master
Jesus, horrific. I wonder if the fact that he was a cop motivated them to shoot him..

RIP :crying:

R13...

Honorary Master
Jesus, horrific. I wonder if the fact that he was a cop motivated them to shoot him..

RIP :crying:
Possibly people he could ID being as they may have been locals. Most criminals operate in their neighborhoods.

ToxicBunny

Possibly people he could ID being as they may have been locals. Most criminals operate in their neighborhoods.
More than likely exactly this, known criminals or gang members and his uniform was enough for them to kill him to try avoid identification and to torch the car shortly afterwards.