Guptas could face 30 years in jail or fines of up to R100 million: report

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Atul, Rajesh and Ajay to be charged in absentia? Wonder if Zwane will try to tun...

neoprema

Expert Member
u know what happens to roaches when u turn the lights on??.... they never gonna find them.

qscwbt

Expert Member
Stole billions and get a few million fine. That a good profit.

R13...

Honorary Master
Tax authorities ought to be working overtime to recover all the unpaid taxes from these but with Moyane and his corrupt tax dodging lieutenant at the helm it won't happen.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
“Once we have this in the bag we will go after everything else. We are working in phases. We will recover all the money stolen,” a source told the paper.
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

RokSwaab

Atul alone has a net worth of over 700 mil dollars. What's 100 mil rand to these ****s?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Atul alone has a net worth of over 700 mil dollars. What's 100 mil rand to these ****s?
It’s obviously restitution + fine or jail (most likely both imagining the number of counts).

Not a fine that you pay and it’s over.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Yeah, we will see if they disappear from India or not...
India is catered for (and remember, they’re not Indians anymore but South Africans).

The Sunday Times also reported that South African law enforcement authorities have obtained co-operation agreements with the Indian, British and United Arab Emirates governments.

This means that the brothers could still face the charges and have their assets tracked, despite reportedly having fled to India late last year.

XTM

where is all the millions they stole which bank ?????? or ...... in india or other country. I don't think in SA though

f2wohf

Honorary Master
where is all the millions they stole which bank ?????? or ...... in india or other country. I don't think in SA though
Apparently most is in the UAE (who is also part of the investigation).

I would guess that a part is also in Hong Kong.

What’s in India and UAE will be recovered (as they are collaborating with the Hawks).

What’s in the EU and US can be recovered very easily.

It leaves little places to hide and spend the money.

If I was them I would have flown in a country with no extradition treaties, acquire the local nationality and move with a lot of easy to transport commodities (diamonds, art, gold in the private jet) and stay there forever.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
That fine is petty to scum like them, jail time is all they deserve but they won't see any jail :(