GWM Brand

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Is that a VVTI engine in there?
from the Website

"2.0L Turbo Engine
The HAVAL H6 C matches the performance of a powerful turbocharged 2.0-litre direct injection engine with a Getrag six-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT).

With 140kW and 310Nm, the 16 valves and dual VVT HAVAL H6 C puts the “sports” back into SUV."

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Does it feel like 140kw though? Heard the Chinese cars figures at times "don't feel" their power outputs.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
[MENTION=80087]FiestaST[/MENTION] & [MENTION=63786]Gtx Gaming[/MENTION] I came from a Naturally aspirated 2011 2.0l Kia Sportage which has about 121kw if I recall. The H6C feels way punchier for sure. I can't tell if there is any turbo lag to be honest. It has that much more grunt that it feels better than the Kia in all the revs. It has decent low down torque and from 1500rpm to 4000 is its best for me. I don't typically ride hard, and the DCT box tends to change at about 3000 when driving normally. I did once put my foot down from a standstill and the car wheelspun ... was so much red faced, was not expecting that!

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Don't forget to take pictures of the non Chinese cars broken on the side of the road while you busy having fun.
BBQ Brands Ford / Audi :D

Talking of which, the H6C looks like the fore mentioned procreated and produced a Faurdi :wtf:

Last edited:

thechamp

Honorary Master
[MENTION=80087]FiestaST[/MENTION] & [MENTION=63786]Gtx Gaming[/MENTION] I came from a Naturally aspirated 2011 2.0l Kia Sportage which has about 121kw if I recall. The H6C feels way punchier for sure. I can't tell if there is any turbo lag to be honest. It has that much more grunt that it feels better than the Kia in all the revs. It has decent low down torque and from 1500rpm to 4000 is its best for me. I don't typically ride hard, and the DCT box tends to change at about 3000 when driving normally. I did once put my foot down from a standstill and the car wheelspun ... was so much red faced, was not expecting that!
It is still a front wheel drive with questionable weight distribution like most SUVs.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I had a good look at one (one of the Haval managers has one)... very nice. I looked under it while on the service ramp, pretty well built! But that 10.9l/100km they claim is the best it will do on a dead straight road with no hills... My H6C just about does that on the JHB / Durbs run.

Last edited: