kennedym

Hi all

I am male starting to experience hair thinning and loss so am looking to treat that.
I was at Advanced Hair Studio and they say it is androgenic alopecia. I was recommended either laser or stem cell treatment, and was told that the laser treatment is simply slower at producing results than stem cell.
If I go the laser route I will probably have to for the rest of my life use minoxidil and saw palmetto alongside laser. I am currently on minoxidil, saw palmetto and pygeum and it is helping but slowly. No laser treatment at the moment.

I would like to know if anyone has used the Theradome LH80 laser helmet or the AdvancedHairStudio Stem Cell treatment, and what their experiences have been like? The stem cell treatment is expensive and I cannot seem to find independent reviews or details on it except a high level explanation of how it works. I suspect I will need to continue minoxidil and serenoa treatment with either laser or stem cell treatments.

maxxis

This sounds expensive. How much have you spent so far to try and hang on to your youth?
Also, how old are you?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Dude you honestly don't need this stress in your life.

And his wife's a supermodel..... images%20(31).jpg

kennedym

@abzob @maxxis @WaxLyrical
lol thank you all for the feedback but it is not useful, i am looking for information related to people using lasers vs stem cell.
Yes shaving is the next option but I am not keen on that.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
I saw results from Nioxin shampoo - used it for a few years and then it became less effective. I've since started using Lush - Wasabi shampoo and it's been a noticeable improvement. These products don't encourage new growth but delay the inevitable - in my case for a number of years now.

duckgray

When I had alopecia years ago I used the Nixon range and it all grew back in about a year.

Chinmaya

Stop worrying too much and you can do nothing about it if you keep worrying and keep counting everyday how many you lost. Stress is the major driver that causes/triggers different things. Stay Happy, stop eating dead food out of the factory and avoid eating white junk

Radioboy

Hi all

I am male starting to experience hair thinning and loss so am looking to treat that.
I was at Advanced Hair Studio and they say it is androgenic alopecia. I was recommended either laser or stem cell treatment, and was told that the laser treatment is simply slower at producing results than stem cell.
If I go the laser route I will probably have to for the rest of my life use minoxidil and saw palmetto alongside laser. I am currently on minoxidil, saw palmetto and pygeum and it is helping but slowly. No laser treatment at the moment.

I would like to know if anyone has used the Theradome LH80 laser helmet or the AdvancedHairStudio Stem Cell treatment, and what their experiences have been like? The stem cell treatment is expensive and I cannot seem to find independent reviews or details on it except a high level explanation of how it works. I suspect I will need to continue minoxidil and serenoa treatment with either laser or stem cell treatments.
If you have androgenic alopecia (and not hairloss caused my medication, disease) then there are only a few proven things you can do. Finasteride, Minoxidil & Dermarolling.

Unless, you go the transplant route.

thenameisjaco

Hi all

Minoxidil only serves as a bandage to the underlying cause, and it will only work for so long. When you then go off of it, you will suddenly see a sudden major decline - since you would in a way lose the minoxidil 'dependent' hair. Minoxidil is only a vasodilator and serves to facilitate growth.
The root cause of androgenic alopecia is the build up of DHT - which is a derivative of testosterone. This happens over time and causes hairs to miniaturize - literally becoming thinner until they fall out. When this happens that follicle is now closed for good.
Treating this root cause, excuse the pun, is to prevent DHT conversion. Finasteride is the best bet, preventing around 70% of the DHT from forming. Dutasteride also exists, which does the same but around 90%, but Im not sure if we get it in SA, and I don't have experience with it.
Ketoconazole shampoo can also be used but wont be very effective on its own.
To add, this will only pause the hair loss for as long as you are on it, and could slightly reverse it to a minor extent.
To summarize:
The best bet is to use the combination of 3 things, all tackling the issue from a different angle.
1. Finasteride (Finpecia here in SA)
2. Topical Minoxidil
3. Ketoconazole shampoo

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
He's worth $90 million - a babe magnet, even if you have Danny Devito genetics..

But yeah, he is still good looking and could attract pretty women despite his wealth.
80 bar now but when they married he was poor as fark.

Aghori

Honorary Master
I started experiencing hair loss a decade ago. It's not much, receding hairline from the front and sides...

I started cutting it with a hair clipper (no guard) so it's extremely short, or I shave my head bald on occassion. It looks way better and no maintenance is a plus.