Hamas rocket attack: Seven wounded north of Tel Aviv

lived666

Executive Member
Good that A the sirens went off and B the family responded and went into their bomb shelter.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...et-attack-central-israel-190325041026437.html
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Rocket-sirens-heard-in-Kfar-Saba-area-584520

Seven people were injured Monday morning the rocket launched from the Gaza Strip struck a private home in central Israel, the third long-range rocket fired from the Hamas-run enclave in two weeks.

The attack triggered Code Red incoming rocket sirens at around 5:20 a.m. throughout the Sharon and Emek Hefer regions and a loud explosion was heard after the rocket struck the home in the community of Mishmeret north of Kfar Saba.

The strike set off a fire in the home, destroying it completely.

Finance Minister Moshe Kahlon visited the house where the rocket landed and said that "'The bomb shelter saved the life of my family.' This is what the father of the family said to me and that is a message to all the residents of Israel, as soon as you hear an alarm - go to the bomb shelter. I do not wish anyone to go through such an event, but if there is an alarm, do not be lazy and go to the bomb shelter."

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Well, you assume that they'll retaliate.
Assumption based on every single other time they have been attacked? I dont blame them. Not one bit. I would do the same. But they will target civilians. Its the only way unfortunately. No need to sugar coat that.

Recallza

Assumption based on every single other time they have been attacked? I dont blame them. Not one bit. I would do the same. But they will target civilians. Its the only way unfortunately. No need to sugar coat that.
100% agreed, but I've seen video evidence of the IDF holding off on there attacks because of children in the area.. Hence the main reason HAMAS fire from civilian areas

eehellfire

Executive Member
They drop flyers by air, they make phone calls, send text messages.
There's also a specific missile which 'knocks' on the roof before a strike (problem is that if it's a badly built structure these can also be dangerous). AFAIK it's a guided missile with concrete in the warhead instead of explosives.

The lengths to which the Israeli Defence Force goes to avoid civilian casualties is unprecedented.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
There's also a specific missile which 'knocks' on the roof before a strike (problem is that if it's a badly built structure these can also be dangerous). AFAIK it's a guided missile with concrete in the warhead instead of explosives.

The lengths to which the Israeli Defence Force goes to avoid civilian casualties is unprecedented.
So wouldnt all this humanitarism tip off the bad guys too?

konfab

Honorary Master

If the UK launched a rocket attack against Paris to claim their rightful territory in Normandy, the French wouldn't give a fark about civilian casualties.
That sole reason (and it is a very well intentioned reason btw), is why this conflict hasn't ended. Hamas behave the way they do because Israel handles them with kid gloves.

eehellfire

Executive Member
If the UK launched a rocket attack against Paris to claim their rightful territory in Normandy, the French wouldn't give a fark about civilian casualties.
That sole reason (and it is a very well intentioned reason btw), is why this conflict hasn't ended. Hamas behave the way they do because Israel handles them with kid gloves.
And look at the madness that ensues in the internal media, NGOs, governments and the UN when Israel retaliates with kid gloves.
Israel is the only country in the world that has a permanent slot for condemnation on the agenda at the UN Human Rights Council.
Not even North Korea, Iran, Sudan etc are discussed collectively as often as just Israel