Hand luggage warning in South Africa

The way I read it your laptop backpack will be allowed but that's the only bag you can take into the cabin.
Ya if you don't only have a carry on. But most people do carry only esp for short work trips where I need to take my laptop as well.

Dang - my empty pelican weighs close to 6kg...

Yeah, let's see if anyone enforces it.

I've travelled a lot of over the last year and some people carry wheelie bags, backpacks, and a collection of duty free items and no one bats an eye lid.

Except half the plane, usually the ones following the rules, have to put their bags under their feet on the dirty floor.

Yeah, let's see if anyone enforces it.

I've travelled a lot of over the last year and some people carry wheelie bags, backpacks, and a collection of duty free items and no one bats an eye lid.

Except half the plane, usually the ones following the rules, have to put their bags under their feet on the dirty floor.
Sitting on the plane back to ORT as we speak. Airport security was making everyone put their hand luggage in the little testing box on both my flight down (Friday) and the return.

So we need to buy new laptop bags now? Gtfo.

Those dimensions (56cm x 36cm x 23cm) fit with what regulations are internationally and backpack companies have been producing bags with those dimensions for a long time (search "carry on backpack").

Your bag is probably compliant.

Everyone who moans about this are the exact same people who refuse to check their bags and want to carry luggage for a family of 10 to put in the overhead compartments so no one else gets a space. They dont just use the one above their heads but for the entire row and isle. May your "laptop" bag be checked and handled with "care"!

Its your own fault for not having common decency! Tsk!!!!

I in any case travel light and always keep my bad under the seat in front of me because I know you will steal my **** in any case. But its nice to call out the savages

Back