Hard evidence of Afrihost's deception and dishonesty

Robinm_za

What would the position be had the OP not used the (incorrectly supplied) Rain SIM?
Had I not used the incorrectly supplied SIM all would be good as the RAIN package I was on was 1 year old.

However they were specifically asked not to send the RAIN SIM. It was made very clear to them. I have asked for the voice recording, to back up the ticket I sent them, but they are not cooperating with that either.

10 Day waiting period for another provider to send one forced me to use it, but considering I was on RAIN for a year, and since I had lost 33Gig rollover, the cancellation fee never occurred to me at all. As a matter of fact I was considering asking for compensation for the loss of rollover data.

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
People you do realise tags or mentions don't work anymore, and probably won't work soon. So unfortunately tagging any of the afrihost users won't help.

LaraC

Honorary Master
Had I not used the incorrectly supplied SIM all would be good as the RAIN package I was on was 1 year old.
/snip
Hope you and Afrihost reach an agreeable solution which could pave the way for customers with similar issues. :)

ekske1

Executive Member
What would the position be had the OP not used the (incorrectly supplied) Rain SIM?

However they were specifically asked not to send the RAIN SIM. It was made very clear to them. I have asked for the voice recording, to back up the ticket I sent them, but they are not cooperating with that either.

10 Day waiting period for another provider to send one forced me to use it, but considering I was on RAIN for a year, and since I had lost 33Gig rollover, the cancellation fee never occurred to me at all. As a matter of fact I was considering asking for compensation for the loss of rollover data.
Sure AH is giving you the stick, and they can do this a lot better without being arseholes* about it.

However no one forced you to use it, but you did and now someone needs to pay for what was used. I'm not saying the R999 is right at all, because you clearly started a migration process. I'm just highlighting the use of the sim.

If you do not have already I'd suggest get a recording app on your phone like Call Record. Has made things like this a lot easier for myself with previous rounds with FNB and TakeAlot.

*auto correct says 'armholes' which is kind of fitting. ahaha

Robinm_za

Sure AH is giving you the stick, and they can do this a lot better without being arseholes* about it.

However no one forced you to use it, but you did and now someone needs to pay for what was used. I'm not saying the R999 is right at all, because you clearly started a migration process. I'm just highlighting the use of the sim.

If you do not have already I'd suggest get a recording app on your phone like Call Record. Has made things like this a lot easier for myself with previous rounds with FNB and TakeAlot.

Disagree. For many reasons

1) To become active again would take 10 days via Axxess or other provider and I run a business. Had they processed the order as they should have, I would not have been forced into this situation at all.

2) Their own T&Cs don't mention a SIM based charge only a package charge. My RAIN package was a year old.

3) They lost nothing at all and in fact gained 17Gig from me so passing on a ghost cost is reprehensible if you disregard the above 2 points.

4) The early cancellation fee never occurred to me at all. For all intents and purposes it was a new SIM not a new deal, considering I had lost 33gig in the process

5) Their website should ethically have warned me when cancelling so I could've challenged this before they took the R999.00

Any normal reasonable person running this business would not have hesitated to make a refund due to a very clear error, not to mention terrible support on their part. Passing on a bogus charge to the customer reflects the utter gall of the person in charge of accounts.

ekske1

Executive Member
Disagree. For many reasons

1) To become active again would take 10 days via Axxess or other provider and I run a business. Had they processed the order as they should have, I would not have been forced into this situation at all.

2) Their own T&Cs don't mention a SIM based charge only a package charge. My RAIN package was a year old.

3) They lost nothing at all and in fact gained 17Gig from me so passing on a ghost cost is reprehensible if you disregard the above 2 points.

4) The early cancellation fee never occurred to me at all. For all intents and purposes it was a new SIM not a new deal, considering I had lost 33gig in the process

5) Their website should ethically have warned me when cancelling so I could've challenged this before they took the R999.00

Any normal reasonable person running this business would not have hesitated to make a refund due to a very clear error, not to mention terrible support on their part. Passing on a bogus charge to the customer reflects the utter gall of the person in charge of accounts.
We did read the same reply I wrote right?

Quite sure I said

1) I do not agree with the R999
2) I do not agree with their handling of the situation

However, no one forced you to use the sim. That part I do not agree with your original post; which was quite clear in my reply.

Then I even went on give you examples of call recording...

Steady Rob

ouch, sorry to hear about your troubles dude. thanks for the heads up i think i'll be stearing clear of them as im in the market for a new ISP. Gotta love this country, incompetence and corruption at every level of operation
Congratulations on staying away!!

RedViking

Nord of the South
People you do realise tags or mentions don't work anymore, and probably won't work soon. So unfortunately tagging any of the afrihost users won't help.
Well it works now. Not sure if it will make a difference though.

/quote-yourself-day

fundutzi

Created a ticket at Afrihost with link here.

We see if they visit and reply.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Created a ticket at Afrihost with link here.

We see if they visit and reply.
Also just created a ticket, sales side. Will see how long it will take to reply, last time I opened my ticket in April '18, the sales team closed it after a week with no reply.

If I don't get a reply this week, I will just cancel it and move.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Save yourself a week and move now
Well got two replies within an hour, so worked out well.
Will mean I stay on one extra month probably while waiting for other provider install, don't want to sit without net. If they hadn't, I would have already cancelled.

Robinm_za

We did read the same reply I wrote right?

Quite sure I said

1) I do not agree with the R999
2) I do not agree with their handling of the situation

However, no one forced you to use the sim. That part I do not agree with your original post; which was quite clear in my reply.

Then I even went on give you examples of call recording...
Hmm. Yes. One would have to expect something like his from AH to consider not using the SIM, yes?

It never crossed my mind they would consider this an early cancellation at all since I had been on RAIN for 13 Months. Obviously had I even anticipated that fact it would never have come to this. Expecting integrity was a big mistake of mine, I admit.

The support guy on the phone seemed unphased as to my way forward. He never once mentioned a cancellation fee either hence my request for some recorded evidence.

Didn't see your voice recording comment.

Last edited: