Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

enerdude

Expert Member
Or you can buy 6 printers and use the free toners. It's cheaper than buying the toner lol
Good idea although if they are like the hp printers they give you a lower yield cartridge with the new printer. I see the new cartridges yields about 3000 pages. Might still be worth it if you just get half that though

Reactions: Yuu

Swa

Honorary Master
Winhex does sector-sector cloning which is slower. If you use cloning software like acronis true image you can do disk / partition cloning which is much faster.
Sector-sector cloning is useful in scenarios where you need a 1:1 copy e.g. some software's copy protection methods write to a sector outside the filesystem which needs to be transferred as well.
These days disk / partition cloning is usually enough when upgrading to a larger hard drive and needing to clone the drive.
I'm not sure how that works. I assume it only copies occupied sectors? Thing is the disk is encrypted and the software has no knowledge of what's on the disk. Unless I mount both disks and do a copy like that.

enerdude

Expert Member
I'm not sure how that works. I assume it only copies occupied sectors? Thing is the disk is encrypted and the software has no knowledge of what's on the disk. Unless I mount both disks and do a copy like that.
Not sure cause I think you get different kind of encryption software / methods. If there is no proper file / partition framework you are probably better off using sector-sector. One can obviously test it by trying the partition clone method and see if it works and if so, use it in future to speed up the process.

Totempole

Expert Member
Or you can buy 6 printers and use the free toners. It's cheaper than buying the toner lol
I highly doubt that it includes a full toner tank. Most likely 1/3 or 1/4 full. "Starter Tanks" have been a thing for many years now. Still maybe worth it if you were considering buying genuine tanks.

airborne

Executive Member
It is R419 here:
Price now R1269, probably the same supplier with the same price feed error

• Wow

safejack

Anyone know where i can get the acer aspire spin 311 Chromebook for a good price checked google but nothing nice popping up, price wise , not keen on paying R8000+- for Chromebook for niece for school

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Is this a once off fee?
Seems like it. New to the whole VPN thing. Will figure it out when I get home. I do remember seeing that they had a ZA server. See blurb below.

Important Details
  • Length of access: lifetime
  • License deadline: redeem within 30 days of purchase
  • Restrictions: use on up to 5 devices simultaneously; you can deactivate devices at any time (1 per week), to free a slot for a new device to have 5 total activated at a time
  • VPN works with torrents on US-California 1, Canada-Ontario, Romania, Luxembourg & France servers
  • See VPN countries with servers here
  • Use on up to 5 devices simultaneously; you can delete existing devices at any time (1 per week), and then add new ones to have 5 total activated at a time
  • Updates included

christsim

Seconded. I did the quik maffs for you:

Order Summary
Items:ZAR 3,810.51
Shipping & handling:ZAR 377.39
Total before tax:ZAR 4,187.90
Estimated tax to be collected:ZAR 0.00
Import Fees Deposit:ZAR 977.01
Order total:ZAR 5,164.91
Good idea. I think I want to do the same thing, any advice on which shipping option to pick?

I have amazon global standard or priority? Priority is double the price. Will standard still be delivered to my door? Or do I have to go to the post office.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Good idea. I think I want to do the same thing, any advice on which shipping option to pick?

I have amazon global standard or priority? Priority is double the price. Will standard still be delivered to my door? Or do I have to go to the post office.
Standard is aramex to your door.