Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I have a 650VA UPS and replaced the puny 12V7Ah with a 12V104Ah instead. Can now run my PC during working hours and stream Netflix on the TV at night. Only issue is the charge time for the battery with the lower current charger, will see how it pans out. 3000VA seems like so much power, can't think of enough things to run with that much power.
The charger might overheat with trying to charge that battery!

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Asus ROG Delta RGB Gaming Headset - R999 at Incredible Connection:

Pseudonym

The charger might overheat with trying to charge that battery!
I'm slightly concerned about that, however it is mostly empty space inside now that the internal batter is removed and I gave it the old finger test while charging to make sure it wasn't too toasty and it seemed fine. Next mod is definitely a low RPM fan on the top though, actively sucking cool air through the vents.

Reactions: Yuu

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I'm slightly concerned about that, however it is mostly empty space inside now that the internal batter is removed and I gave it the old finger test while charging to make sure it wasn't too toasty and it seemed fine. Next mod is definitely a low RPM fan on the top though, actively sucking cool air through the vents.
Why would it overheat? It already runs for up to 6 hours. The charging circuit would have heated up to maximum temp well before 6 hours passed. It will just take a long time to charge that battery. Maybe manually charge it with a stronger charger every now and then to top it up after a long loadshed.

znh

Why would it overheat? It already runs for up to 6 hours. The charging circuit would have heated up to maximum temp well before 6 hours passed. It will just take a long time to charge that battery. Maybe manually charge it with a stronger charger every now and then to top it up after a long loadshed.
Batteries have C ratings, Wich points to the optimal charging current in amps, if you try to charge a large battery with a small charger that can only deliver 1A, it will not be able to get the battery to be able to deliver full capacity. A small charging circuit might only be able to deliver 5A for 30 minutes before overheating, while the large battery would need that current for more than an hour, of there is no overheat protection you might get thermal meltdown of the charging circuit and in worst case a fire

JOEY_8

Good price for 2000va ups, these prices will skyrocket now.
a8df3c5ddae229cc9869e12194a2b371.jpg
Takealot cancelled my order, due to no stock but I ordered it around the time of this post.

enerdude

Expert Member

100 for ifrogz Bluetooth earphones

Got mine delivered today. Really decent sound for R99 incl free delivery lol. Still had the shop sticker marked as R819.00 on the box, obviously from time back when these was still a new model.

Review from 2017 when they were newly released: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/ifrogz-impulse-duo-review/

Lupus

Honorary Master
Reactions: Yuu