Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

enerdude

Expert Member
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G (64GB, 6GB RAM, Dual Sim, White, Special Import) - R5699 using 'return200' coupon on checkout.

Not a bad price for a 5G phone.

enerdude

Expert Member
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G (64GB, 6GB RAM, Dual Sim, White, Special Import) - R5699 using 'return200' coupon on checkout.

Not a bad price for a 5G phone.
I must also add the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G has also been announced though, pricing should be out in the next week or so, so might be worth waiting to check the pricing as it is a better phone specs wise.

TheRedDevil18

I must also add the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G has also been announced though, pricing should be out in the next week or so, so might be worth waiting to check the pricing as it is a better phone specs wise.

Yeah, I heard about that too. Not looking to shell out too much for a phone though.

I originally asked if the phone from Amazon includes the import fees cost ?, do you perhaps know ?

juggernaut11

Yeah, I heard about that too. Not looking to shell out too much for a phone though.

I originally asked if the phone from Amazon includes the import fees cost ?, do you perhaps know ?
I ordered this as well. It does include the import fees, it's marked as "import fees deposit" on the invoice. If the customs duty owed is more than the amount you have paid, Amazon covers it, if it's less, you'll get a marginal refund

Reactions: Yuu

enerdude

Expert Member
I ordered this as well. It does include the import fees, it's marked as "import fees deposit" on the invoice. If the customs duty owed is more than the amount you have paid, Amazon covers it, if it's less, you'll get a marginal refund
If you order from the .com site it is included, he posted about the .uk site which does not include import fees.

juggernaut11

If you order from the .com site it is included, he posted about the .uk site which does not include import fees.
Same for both sites
Phone cost- 132
Delivery- 25
Import duty -23

Total 180 pounds.
I ordered mine from the uk site as well

Reactions: Yuu

enerdude

Expert Member
Same for both sites
Phone cost- 132
Delivery- 25
Import duty -23

Total 180 pounds.
I ordered mine from the uk site as well
£180 is around R3600, not same as .com site

juggernaut11

Not a prime member, it's the redmi note 9 pro 64gb.
It's definitely a lot cheaper on the uk site. Black friday special...

juggernaut11

What is the link of the phone you bought?
Also it seems you are a prime member so that might influence the price.

I know one can do a once of trial of prime, but I have for instance already used mine.

enerdude

Expert Member

TheRedDevil18

Thanks allot guys, I'll order from the UK site. Just checked even with the 15% off on the US site, still works out slightly cheaper on the UK site

deesef

Expert Member
£180 is around R3600, not same as .com site

Which exchange rate would be more favourable: Amazon or a South African bank?