Normal price: R1 199.00
Pay in eBucks (Level 5): R719.40

Leo_

Found this gem on the ebucks store
View attachment 1202284

Normal price: R1 199.00
Pay in eBucks (Level 5): R719.40
Wtf, they pulled this deal from their site. :cautious:

There's still a PS4 controller (Original Price: R1 149.00R689.40) and Xbox Series S (Original Price: R7 499.00 → R4 499.40)

1638026115848.png 1638026127771.png

https://www.ebucks.com/web/shop/productSelected.do?prodId=1234663545&catId=724368906
https://www.ebucks.com/web/shop/productSelected.do?prodId=551427501&catId=365757697

Reactions: Yuu

inkos

ld13

Honorary Master
1638030154690.png

R5399.10 For an xbox series S:

Promo was supposed to stop at 6pm, so it can end at any time!

animehero

Expert Member
View attachment 1202426

Why the extra R599.90 discount?

rrh

Expert Member
Seems I might have been a tad hasty: one can get a USA price for a Kindle shipped to a US address, but only after selecting the various bundle options. OTOH there is no pricing for the international edition.

I mention this 'cos the above logic might well apply to all Amazon mains-powered electronics ?

BTW I came across an interesting comment from a user review by someone based in Thailand, who warns that Kindle covers attract a higher rate of duty than does the Kindle device, and that (to save on duties) it is better to order the device by itself !
After having (in the past) experienced nothing but good / excellent service from Amazon, it would appear that Jeff is no longer interested in providing "service" of any kind, other than very bad, and that by people unable to speak English in any dialect, including American.

At least, that has been my experience in trying to purchase an 11th generation Kindle at Black Friday / Cyber Monday price this almost-past week-end.

Suffice to say that I have wasted a number of hours being mislead and generally stuffed around by Amazon, all to no avail :mad::mad::mad:

/vent

airborne

Honorary Master
After having (in the past) experienced nothing but good / excellent service from Amazon, it would appear that Jeff is no longer interested in providing "service" of any kind, other than very bad, and that by people unable to speak English in any dialect, including American.

At least, that has been my experience in trying to purchase an 11th generation Kindle at Black Friday / Cyber Monday price this almost-past week-end.

Suffice to say that I have wasted a number of hours being mislead and generally stuffed around by Amazon, all to no avail :mad::mad::mad:

/vent

Why is that, surely either you can order something or you can't in terms of region locks?

But support from big companies is getting dire, farmed out support staff that can't speak English very well and only know how to recite whats on the script and the script doesn't cover much... copy and paste ; copy and paste

rrh

Expert Member
Why is that, surely either you can order something or you can't in terms of region locks?

But support from big companies is getting dire, farmed out support staff that can't speak English very well and only know how to recite whats on the script and the script doesn't cover much... copy and paste ; copy and paste
When I tried to place the order via the UK on Saturday I received a notice saying here was a problem in processing the order. After checking all the standard reasons (as much as I could) I contacted Amazon.co.uk via chat. There a helpful customer care agent checked my order and apologised for the fact that they were only allowed to ship within the UK, and that orders for South Africa had to be shipped via Amazon.com. Score ten for at least one Amazon employee.

According to Amazon.com chat support (over multiple chats) later that Saturday, their view of the URL showed a 4-6 week delivery time. They agreed that the screen-dump that I sent them was different, said they would raise the matter internally and that they would copy me, after which they abruptly terminated the chat. The "copy" that I received was a standard form letter of what to do so as not to disturb customer services afternoon slumbers.

On Sunday i.e. earlier today, the free "call me" Amazon support apparently not being available to South Africans, I called Amazon.com directly. Using the not-for-free service I managed to speak to a customer support agent, then [in frustration] a customer support supervisor and finally [in even more frustration] a Kindle "expert" - the last whom, in a rare win for me - agreed that it was likely that Amazon might one day have further stock of the just-released 11th generation Kindle. The call was, once more. abruptly terminated.

I would also love to know why South Africa is now limited to an 'international' edition, but never had the chance to enquire.

K3NS31

Expert Member
When I tried to place the order via the UK on Saturday I received a notice saying here was a problem in processing the order. After checking all the standard reasons (as much as I could) I contacted Amazon.co.uk via chat. There a helpful customer care agent checked my order and apologised for the fact that they were only allowed to ship within the UK, and that orders for South Africa had to be shipped via Amazon.com. Score ten for at least one Amazon employee.

According to Amazon.com chat support (over multiple chats) later that Saturday, their view of the URL showed a 4-6 week delivery time. They agreed that the screen-dump that I sent them was different, said they would raise the matter internally and that they would copy me, after which they abruptly terminated the chat. The "copy" that I received was a standard form letter of what to do so as not to disturb customer services afternoon slumbers.

On Sunday i.e. earlier today, the free "call me" Amazon support apparently not being available to South Africans, I called Amazon.com directly. Using the not-for-free service I managed to speak to a customer support agent, then [in frustration] a customer support supervisor and finally [in even more frustration] a Kindle "expert" - the last whom, in a rare win for me - agreed that it was likely that Amazon might one day have further stock of the just-released 11th generation Kindle. The call was, once more. abruptly terminated.

I would also love to know why South Africa is now limited to an 'international' edition, but never had the chance to enquire.
I must say my experience buying 2 Kindles in the past has been very good (and having them shipped to SA). Of course, Black Friday stock shortages probably means all bets are off.

rrh

Expert Member
I must say my experience buying 2 Kindles in the past has been very good (and having them shipped to SA). Of course, Black Friday stock shortages probably means all bets are off.
Overall, my experience in purchasing from Amazon has been a joy. That is/was, until my current experience.

Guess that I will have to learn to live with my current Kindles :)

r4nd0m

Samsung 980 PRO 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD - R3999

Pretty good price for this particular SSD.

Edit: Deal Gone. Back to R6999. :(

Last edited:

Speedster

Honorary Master
View attachment 1202426

Cheaper on eBucks