Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

capd

Expert Member
Any good prices on 65" tv

And what to look out for

Will replace my 51" plasma
Difficult to replace a plasma... I would go 55" OLED to give you the same picture quality & motion handling. Maybe the LG C1 55" is still floating around for R19,999. 4K 120Hz on all HDMI ports.

crawler

Expert Member
Thanks so big thing to check is the 4k at 120hz

Was a hype about different HDR some time back, what do I look for?

Nimz

Executive Member
We play Xbox one s

Most of time is series and movies via Netflix and other streaming

Also have emby server
Then 4K @ 120 won't matter to you because the Xbox One S is not a next gen console (it doesn't support 4K @ 120)

If you plan on upgrading that to the Series S|X or PS5 then look for that feature. If not, then don't bother.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Thanks will have a look there
You don't have to use them as a bible, but they can help you identify things that may not make the sale worth it. I normally look through their things to get a general idea for what the product is suited, its caveats and then weight it up against what I want and can afford.

capd

Expert Member
Then 4K @ 120 won't matter to you because the Xbox One S is not a next gen console (it doesn't support 4K @ 120)

If you plan on upgrading that to the Series S|X or PS5 then look for that feature. If not, then don't bother.
100%. It's a tough decision. On the one hand entry Samsung QLEDs are pretty shiitty with atrocious build quality, but would provide 10" larger screen which certainly adds to the experience compared to a 55" OLED which gives you the best picture quality, best motion handling, best build quality, and the best TV OS and arguably remote.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

+decent cable. Doesn't matter if you have the tv and the console but shitty "4k" cable / 4k like cable. In fact I am using a 8k cable between my nv shield and tv...