Harrismith residents vow to shut down N3

neoprema

Executive Member
https://www.enca.com/news/harrismith-residents-vow-shut-down-n3

Just highlighting the above as a warning, for anyone traveling on the N3 this week and/or next to be extra careful.

I was there on Monday on the N3 and as i was approaching the down-hill before the 1Stop they were lighting fires and rolling rocks and boulders down the hill onto the N3.

A few of them smashed into the freeway as we came past, a few of us swerved but I didn't manage to dodge them all and got 5 nice big dents in my new car.

Police were there, just hanging around their vans looking up and basically doing nothing from what I could see.

RedViking

Nord of the South
They voted for them, they are such fools. But they are going to vote for them again.
They know if they communicate like that they get what they want. So the will vote for them because it works for them. Africa.

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
I still don't understand this logic.

In order for us (the public) to improve our lives we must punish ourselves in the hope that they (politicians) feel sorry for us and change their ways.

That's like beating yourself when your gardener doesn't do his job.

Rocco1

Expert Member
I still don't understand this logic.

In order for us (the public) to improve our lives we must punish ourselves in the hope that they (politicians) feel sorry for us and change their ways.

That's like beating yourself when your gardener doesn't do his job.
I think you overthinking it a bit.

Most poor people have no idea where money comes from and what is needed to generate it, and how it flows. All they see for themselves is if they make a big enough ruckus to be heard by Government (and closing a National road does that) there needs might be met, and some of that government largess might head there way. Government will sort them out, Government will pay, they see resources being spend and moving around, including the tendermanitjies, and hey, just send some of that our way . That it might close the road or affect normal lives or business is the least of their concern, the more impact the more likely they will be heard, and government will just fix it after anyways. The pot (money tree) seems and to all intents and purposes in their eyes is bottomless.

Oldfut

Expert Member
I read somewhere that they burnt a few gliders in a club hanger. Nice fellow South Africans.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Maybe they should take a sho't left and go protest outside Nkandla

JSparrow

Expert Member
https://www.enca.com/news/harrismith-residents-vow-shut-down-n3

Just highlighting the above as a warning, for anyone traveling on the N3 this week and/or next to be extra careful.

I was there on Monday on the N3 and as i was approaching the down-hill before the 1Stop they were lighting fires and rolling rocks and boulders down the hill onto the N3.

A few of them smashed into the freeway as we came past, a few of us swerved but I didn't manage to dodge them all and got 5 nice big dents in my new car.

Police were there, just hanging around their vans looking up and basically doing nothing from what I could see.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I am leaving tomorrow at 03h00 to deliver a vehicle in Durban.

R13...

Honorary Master
I wonder when residents will start vowing to vote for someone else.
If they do that they'll get service at the speed of light. Not just threaten but actually start voting different.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I thought damaging a country's infrastructure was terrorism. Or that just America or the movies :unsure: