Has any of you ever broken your nose?

blunomore

Honorary Master
Has anyone of you ever broken your nose?

I think mine is broken :D

Don't laugh: A few nights ago, I wanted to hang a wooden ornament on the wall, so I was standing right underneath it to check if it is straight and then, well, errm, it slipped off the nail and hit me on the bridge of my nose.

If is is broken, would it by necessity cause a lot of pain?

Thanks to all the MDs :)

Last edited:

Messugga

Honorary Master
I broke mine once... Not very badly, fortunately. Hurt like crazy when it happened (teary eyes, etc) but it wasn't very painful, other than it was quite tender to the touch for a while.

Pitbull

Verboten
I think mine is broken :D

Don't laugh: A few nights ago, I wanted to hang a wooden ornament on the wall, so I was standing right underneath it to check if it is straight and then, well, errm, it slipped off the nail and hit me on the bridge of my nose.

If is is broken, would it by necessity cause a lot of pain?

Thanks to all the MDs :)
Firstly

If it's broken one or both your eyes will be blue where the Sinus sits, right under the eye socket.

Secondly

Your nose will hurt like hell, Your nose grows back in 2 minutes so you need to straighten it right away, it's to painfull but needs to be done.

DJ...

Banned
Broke mine playing rugby. Split my lip, broke the nose in 3 places, cracked my cheek bone and chipped a tooth - all in one tackle where the fsckers boot went through my lip and up my nostrils. And yes, it hurts like and absolute beeyatch. Was more painful than when I broke my leg TBH! Was also concussed and it required more stitches than a shark attack. But if it is broken, breathing alone would probably hurt like hell and just walking will result in pain as the vibrations echo through your body and into your nasal cavities.

Last edited:

Ecco

Executive Member
Gotta straighten is ASAP. My septum if deviated from breaking my nose, it can sometimes cause all sorts of sinus issues, and can affect you breathing. Some people suffer no effects, it just depends.

Ænema

Broke mine surfing a while back...and had it broken by a "rock spider" who head-butted me at a club for no reason. It was damn eina both times. Try blow your nose, if it hurts like all hell, it's broken...

Vernon

Expert Member
Broke mine playing rugby. Split my lip, broke the nose in 3 places, cracked my cheek bone and chipped a tooth - all in one tackle where the fsckers boot went through my lip and up my nostrils. And yes, it hurts like and absolute beeyatch. Was more painful than when I broke my leg TBH!
Ouch!
Were you like the Schalk Burger glutton for punisment type? lol

JK8

Banned
Firstly

If it's broken one or both your eyes will be blue where the Sinus sits, right under the eye socket.

Secondly

Your nose will hurt like hell, Your nose grows back in 2 minutes so you need to straighten it right away, it's to painfull but needs to be done.
Thanks, did not know that.:)

blunomore

Honorary Master
Pitbull, nope, neither of my eyes are blue as a result of the incident, nor does it hurt that much. I had a nosebleed after the incident. Currently, it is simply tender to the touch.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Broken nose = 2 black eyes instantly, if that hasn't happened- it aint broken.
That doesn't mean you shouldnt have it looked at by your GP though.

DJ...

Banned
Doubt its broken Blu - maybe a hairline fracture or a simple bruise? You'll know when its broken. The fact that you started a thread to ask, is an idication in itself that it isnt broken. And thats not a snide remark at your expense for a change, its merely an indication of the pain you feel when you have broken your nose...

Vegeta

Executive Member
Broke mine once, okay well technically twice but the second time was with my consent. Played hockey at school got a shot at goal right on the nose, hurt like hell eyes watered up but after a while it was fine, strangely it didnt bleed and wasnt very painfull after a few minutes. I didnt realize it was broken and finished the game, i actually finished the season and almost a year went by when i could notice that it was growing very skew.

Had to get a reconstructive op to fix it in my first year of varsity, post-op was way worse that breaking it in the first place!

blunomore

Honorary Master
Broke mine once, okay well technically twice but the second time was with my consent. Played hockey at school got a shot at goal right on the nose, hurt like hell eyes watered up but after a while it was fine, strangely it didnt bleed and wasnt very painfull after a few minutes. I didnt realize it was broken and finished the game, i actually finished the season and almost a year went by when i could notice that it was growing very skew.

Had to get a reconstructive op to fix it in my first year of varsity, post-op was way worse that breaking it in the first place!
So I am not out of the woods yet?

Vegeta

Executive Member
Broken nose = 2 black eyes instantly, if that hasn't happened- it aint broken.
I didnt have 2 black eyes had one eye that got puffy and red but that went away after a day or two. Also after my op the doc said that it depends on the persons tissue, i didnt get black eyes even after it was broken during the op the second time. So it just depends on your flesh basically... You will walk around like this :cool: though

EDIT: Keep in mind i'm not pale white, i'm brown so maybe i have enough pigment to hide the black eye

Last edited:

kingmonty

Expert Member
Broke mine twice. Once in rugby tackle, the other when bailing while snowboarding. Both times had a black right eye for about a week.