Has anyone here been scammed by this guy?

3WA

Executive Member
Lol, ten years ago, he tried chatting to me on Long Street. I referred him to the American Embassy. He didn’t look impressed.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Staff member
"American" beggar

I told him to f off
Also told him to fsck off at a petrol station in Green Point. Two months later he was pulling the same fake accent routine on my gf at the time but she remembered him from the petrol station, this was at the waterfront and she made a scene. Security detained him but we never found out what happened to him after that. This dude seriously gets around.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I moered him.

That guy makes his rounds here in Tygerfalls.

PM me if you see him, I wasn't finished.
Should've thrown him into the quarry...he does have a moer-my-gevreet.

I must have one of those faces...I never get approached by these people. I see them operate and walk around and bum from people, then our eyes meet and they just turn around and walk away.

scudsucker

Executive Member
He ripped off a friend years ago... and around 12 years ago I was lucky enough to see this arsehole being unloaded from a Police truck outside Cape Town Magistrates Court, handcuffed and heading to court

I let him know my thoughts. I used bad language. His fellow prisoners laughed at him.

MirageF1

Expert Member
/snip

The sad thing is he was a really talented sportsman, went to a good school too etc. Drugs are bad mmmmkay...
His face actually looks vaguely familiar...wonder if he was around CT in the mid 80s/early 90s???

Solarion

Honorary Master
Ask him one simple question: Where is the California State Capitol located.

Edit: Literally every North American knows that. You get that one wrong it's game over.

eye_suc

Expert Member
Seen him a few times at Cape Gate a few years back. Turns out he went to school with an ex colleague of mine.

He spun a great story about a taxi that drove off with his luggage and his passport and he just wants money to get to the American consulate. I started telling him in Afrikaans: "Jys nie 'n fok 'n Amerikaner nie. Kom saam met my na security toe dan sort ons dit gou uit." His face goes blank, no longer a look of worry or fear, and he just walks off at a pace to scout for more gullible people.

His accent is good though.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Ask him one simple question: Where is the California State Capitol located.

Edit: Literally every North American knows that. You get that one wrong it's game over.
You have extremely high hopes, I'll bet most yanks would say LA or SanFran