Has anyone reported a car for having no brake lights? Who do I contact?

Daruk

Honorary Master
The selfie stick comments remind me of an old family friend Koos who was so clever he was not.
At the local trout fishing club, he unlocked the front door on arrival and let everyone in before closing it while absent-mindedly leaving the key in the yale on the outside. Shaun turned to him jokingly and said 'you've locked us in Koos... what now?' - expecting him to laugh at the little joke. Koos got a worried look on his face for a second before his eyes lit up and the whole party of guys stared in disbelief as Koos opened a window and climbed out to open the door from the outside and retrieve the keys. He stepped in triumphantly, keys in hand to a roar of laughter which left him a little bewildered. It took him a while to realise he could open the yale from the inside without a key.

gamer16

Expert Member
I was tought to every now and again check your lights if you are in the garage with the doolr closed or so, I have a car port so just reverse close to the wall and check them, the are bright enough too see in the day time.

Daruk

Honorary Master

Daruk

Honorary Master
Agreed, how come till this day no one has developed a simple electrical circuit that can detect a change in the light's circuit and display a sign on your dash that you have lost X or Y bolt?
Agree. Computers in cars for all sorts but not something this simple?

Messugga

Honorary Master
Agreed, how come till this day no one has developed a simple electrical circuit that can detect a change in the light's circuit and display a sign on your dash that you have lost X or Y bolt?
No one other than BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW... These brands have had cars reporting faulty lights for years and heads. I'm sure many others have it as well.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Call arrive alive on 0861 400 800 and give them the details. They'll contact the driver supposedly.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Our brake light switch failed (leaving the cars brake lights on permanently).

Only realised this after some kind gentleman pointed it out to us. Waved us down, stopped his car and told us.

Was maybe around a week as I check the lights frequently but still...

RedViking

Honorary Master
Your Neighbourhood car watch to the rescue!! Let him be the one, teaching you a lesson!

You should have gone out of your way to follow him and in an approachable manner tell him his lights are not working. No need to waste the time of the authorities. How do you know your break lights were working?

unobeat

Just this morning i saw 2 cars on the highway with no rear lights at all plus the road is very dark.
I have to use brights to make sure that i am seeing a car infront of me.

I usually see plenty of taxi's, buses and private cars with no rear lights at all.

RedViking

Honorary Master
Just this morning i saw 2 cars on the highway with no rear lights at all plus the road is very dark.
I have to use brights to make sure that i am seeing a car infront of me.

I usually see plenty of taxi's, buses and private cars with no rear lights at all.
Yeah, there are too many to count. The problem is people only wait for the authorities to do the work and don't use their own time to go talk to the drivers.

Of course the taxi culture don't care. They seem to be above the law.