Has anyone tried a Samsung Fast Charge 10000 mAh Power Bank?

airborne

Honorary Master
The cheapest battery bank with fast charge that I can find is the Samsung at the link below, they have been hovering around R400 for the last week and at now R445:

I was about to order one when it was at R385 then I checked the reviews on Amazon and there were a good few that mentioned them dying after a few months. Has anyone had one of these for an extended time that can report back, they seem to have supplied them with new phone bundles at some stage so there should be a fair mount out in the wild.

If anyone has found fast charge battery bank alternatives on Takealot around R400 please post them as well.

airborne

Honorary Master
I saw a review mention that trying to charge a phone with the battery bank whilst charging the battery bank at the same time will kill it.

IssiAmd

I have one
Lasted a little over a year
Bought a romoss not long after the sammy (not a fast charging one though) still going strong.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
I own one, it works just fine. I charge with a Fast Charge 1.0 charger from a Galaxy S7, and it keeps charge for quite a long time.

My mom uses hers more frequently for charging her S8 and a PS4 controller, and battery life is still pretty good.

airborne

Honorary Master
I have one
Lasted a little over a year
Bought a romoss not long after the sammy (not a fast charging one though) still going strong.
Same experience.
If I read that correctly both of yours died just after a year of use?

That's is very poor, my 6 or 7 various Romoss banks are well over 5yrs old, some having experienced some pretty extreme use and all still going strong

SYNERGY

Executive Member
If I read that correctly both of yours died just after a year of use?

That's is very poor, my 6 or 7 various Romoss banks are well over 5yrs old, some having experienced some pretty extreme use and all still going strong
Well mines is still working but holds extremely little charge.
My Romoss has degraded a bit, but nowhere near like the Samsung...

Jake45

Expert Member
From my experience you are unlikely to get more than 400~500 complete cycles out of most power banks. I would have expected that Samsung batteries would be superior to cheaper noname brands but this doesn't appear to be the case here!

That Samsung Power Bank seems to be a bit cheaper on Loot ...

Last edited:

Jake45

Expert Member
If anybody is interested in this power bank you might be able to purchase this for R339 from Loot today using the WEDNESYAY R40 off R400 coupon. You will have to add something for R21+ to reach the R400 minimum price. @airborne

airborne

Honorary Master
If anybody is interested in this power bank you might be able to purchase this for R339 from Loot today using the WEDNESYAY R40 off R400 coupon. You will have to add something for R21+ to reach the R400 minimum price. @airborne
Thanks man, to many poor reviews of this battery bank, I'm going to try get a Romoss instead.