Has anyone used a VPN in South Africa?

Bresder

I'm looking for a VPN to use or not sure if I should use one. Does it matter which device I use?

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I'm looking for a VPN to use or not sure if I should use one. Does it matter which device I use?
Well why do you think you should use one?
Main reason to use one is so that you can stream content not available in SA, or in case you download torrents and don't want your ISP to know... apart from that there is no other reason to use one.

Last edited:

MDKza

You could use it for anonymity if you are that way inclined.
There are a bunch of great ones most of them have month to month options as well so just try it out - if you don't like it cancel. Also some have free trials. Like 15 days or so.

I have heard expressvpn is great https://www.expressvpn.com

ItherNiT

Just a heads up Private internet access (PIA) doesn't peer very well with Vox.

But you can have a look at: Nord vpn, expressvpn, winscribe, etc.

If you are trying to get US netflix or other content I would recommend Getflix or smart dns, they both also include a VPN.
All of the above vpns include apps and manual setups

TaraGrey95

Using VPN is always a good idea, especially if you want to secure your network. I used many programs before, but my last choice was VeePN. It's fast and safe and it can be used on any device what is important for you. Try it.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Using VPN is always a good idea, especially if you want to secure your network. I used many programs before, but my last choice was VeePN. It's fast and safe and it can be used on any device what is important for you. Try it.
Please enlighten us on how this VPN is suddenly going to secure your network? Only a firewall can secure your network, and that would be your router at home or whatever firewall you have.

These VPN's are not site to site VPN's so they are not securing your internet traffic either, it's only your first hop to the VPN server that is going over the tunnel, from there your unsecured traffic will still be unsecured. So please don't think you are suddenly secure when using these VPN services.