has Humanity ever been closer together?

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Also, Caesar was assassinated by his own senators, but also go read up on why. They didn't agree with his (much better and respected) ideologies against theirs. Why do you think Rome collapsed shortly after Caesar's assassination

That just supports what I said about there being no unity

Marcell1992

That just supports what I said about there being no unity
The topic isn't about no unity, it's about being closer or not closer than ever before and irrespective of the assassination, during the time of Caesar, you had more allies than enemies compared to today, in my opinion at least.

johncgalloway

I think we tend to unite in the face of an external force / threat. Since I do not think being invaded by Aliens is on the cards for a while still, I'm guessing we'll be the ones to do that. So Earth will more or less be a hotbed for most of our violence until "Mars rises" or whenever there are more "enemies" outside of the home planet to "rally" against.

bchip

I think we tend to unite in the face of an external force / threat. Since I do not think being invaded by Aliens is on the cards for a while still, I'm guessing we'll be the ones to do that. So Earth will more or less be a hotbed for most of our violence until "Mars rises" or whenever there are more "enemies" outside of the home planet to "rally" against.
Insert movie watchmen here:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/