Has there been salary cuts at your company?

• Yes

Votes: 169 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 186 52.4%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member

livw88

Yes, luckily only lost 10% of salary. Could have been much worse if I go by what others are experiencing and working from home I save that in fuel costs and road rage anyway.

Bernie

Expert Member
I voted no, as technically I didn't get a cut BUT:
All annual increases have been cancelled, we will probably still get Dec bonus though.
Forced to take 10 days leave as well.

All in all there has been a decrease in benefits.

I think I got off lightly, as I have heard some horror stories involving other companies.

geezer

Expert Member
Yes, on some levels from 10% up to 25%. Also no increase this year and no bonus. Company contribution to pension also dropped for 8 months.

Groggyme

25% paycut, no increase this year and no bonus. No increases or bonuses were declared before COVID-19 was even a thing.

Just got a "promotion" before lockdown but, I got no raise.

Things are farked. Looking to jump ship.

maumau

Honorary Master
25% paycut, no increase this year and no bonus. No increases or bonuses were declared before COVID-19 was even a thing.

Just got a "promotion" before lockdown but, I got no raise.

Things are farked. Looking to jump ship.
Where to - another job or emigrate?

Groggyme

Where to - another job or emigrate?
Looking at both options. My company is a backwards mess so I want to jump shipfor a few months to a year and save then get out of here. RSA looks dead though and there are no jobs anywhere in my industry.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Nightmare of salary cuts, 50% if you lucky
in some cases entire months salary is completely not paid.
so yeah, not a good time to be a employee in some places.

but in other places one sees what "loyalty" is and is worth to people.

LOTR

Nope - no cuts (yet).
In fact, some additional "benefits" have been passed down. If you have any additional leave expiring this year from anytime since lockdown was declared, and are unable to take it, such leave will only now expire December 2021. This excludes the Mandatory 15 days per year you have to take.
Lucky for me - I received 20 days bonus leave for long service at the start of this year that had to be taken before end 2020. Now I have a further year to enjoy it.

berrypi

have you all taken pay cuts but worked full hours? can your company force you to work full hours with a pay cut?

Neuk_

Expert Member
Yep, ranging from 15% - 30% depending on peromnes level with various options in terms of structuring from forfeiting leave, partial forfeiting of 13th cheque, length of reduction, etc, etc.

zulucat

Not personally, but I know some of my friends have taken hits ranging from 10 - 30 percent. Really tough times, and the cost of living remains the same...

IceyPieQ

Jap, my salary got reduced by 66% for the end of April, May, and June. I might only go back to 75% end of July. It's been a challenge, but I see our clients having to suspend services, so I can't fault my boss. He is a good man and is trying his best to keep us all employed

edit - we all work remotely and we could all adjust our hours, but as far as I see, out of free will, we all still giving it our full day. We in it together.

cool_gi

same here. no increase.
so apart from no work no pay rules being applied. now that things are "back to normal" we have missed out on the increase.