Has there been salary cuts at your company?

Has there been salary cuts at your company?

• Yes

Votes: 169 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 186 52.4%

• Total voters

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
10% cut, no increase, no bonus.
Saving on fuel cost but spending much more on groceries and electricity.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
not yet
gets analysed month to month
working 1 week on 1 week off, split the company in half

Oh and no annual increase or bonus this year that was due last month

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
No salary cuts.
Increases to be confirmed at a later date than initially planned.

gottagoon

Expert Member
So busy we can't keep up.

Soldier on. Stay honest. Don't let the stealing and corruption affect you. Stay poor and stay true to yourself.

Honesty always wins.

**** thieves. They WILL find out the hard way.

Last edited:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
35% (promotion) + 20% increase (performance based), company average was around 10-15% increase I think, company is doing better than ever...

Last edited:

Esbendzn

Yes... no increase and i know no bonus.... also from monthly to hourly.

koeks525

Expert Member
Our management has guaranteed no salary cuts for the financial year, and bonuses will proceed as usual (end of the year).

It will be interesting to see what salary increases will look like in the next financial year; will people who lost 20% and upwards get 20% back in the next financial year, or will companies be conservative with the increases?

sybawoods

Expert Member
We get our increases effective March, just before lock down.
No pay cuts, but all vacant positions are frozen.
Everyone WFH but required to "use or lose" all leave before 31 Dec 2020 (i.e. won't be carried over to next year)
Bonuses unlikely.

Lock down been relatively good for the family tho. Wifey and I WFH, and kiddeo, recent graduate, got a job with Warner Bros Gaming, where he gets to WFH and paid in USD. Finally getting rental income from him. Payback time!

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Execs took a 30% salary cut.

In May we were all only paid 30% of our salaries. Those of us that had accumulated leave days could cash them in. I was sitting on over 30-days, so I managed to get a full salary for May.

Most of our staff are working one week on, one week off and only being paid for the weeks they work. I'm fortunate as I was deemed one of the people that have to be in every day, so I will continue to receive my full salary.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Our management has guaranteed no salary cuts for the financial year, and bonuses will proceed as usual (end of the year).

It will be interesting to see what salary increases will look like in the next financial year; will people who lost 20% and upwards get 20% back in the next financial year, or will companies be conservative with the increases?
Isn't the pay cut supposed to be temporary? As in, your salary is still your salary, but you now only get paid a percentage less for the time being.

If my salary was "rolled back" two or three years worth, and I had to take the 5% annual increases every year to get back to where I was over a three year period, I would be very unhappy.

genetic

Honorary Master
Yip, my salary cut until 31 December - no increases this year either.

koeks525

Expert Member
Isn't the pay cut supposed to be temporary? As in, your salary is still your salary, but you now only get paid a percentage less for the time being.

If my salary was "rolled back" two or three years worth, and I had to take the 5% annual increases every year to get back to where I was over a three year period, I would be very unhappy.
This is what I would like to know as well; companies that told the public they proceeding with salary cuts, did not make the time frame clear, so I assume the cut would remain in effect for this financial year.

gertvanjoe

Yes, on some levels from 10% up to 25%. Also no increase this year and no bonus. Company contribution to pension also dropped for 8 months.
I feel your pain, I'm at the same place, just at the other side of the hills

ebendl

Expert Member
No pay cuts, but also no bonuses and no increases.

The company did really well last year, so it is a bit of a bummer that we don't get our bonuses for past performance. But yeah, saving money and all.

adrcl

No salary cuts. Increase delayed from October 2020 till January 2021