Has there been salary cuts at your company?

• Yes

Votes: 169 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 186 52.4%

• Total voters

Raiders

No change in salary
But...
Had to take some leave to reduce leave days.
No overtime pay for after hours work
No increases this year.
All new jobs position been frozen.
Still working as normal, just from home.

Xues74

Now the company I worked for more 10years, is undergoing Business Rescue. It's now a matter of time when they will start retrenching people.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
Yes, annual increases were suspended and the bulk of the company went to 80% salary for May June July.

Spousal unit also had reduced income for a short period.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
No salary cuts but my firm doesn't give out bonuses either. On the flip side, job security is quite high.

powermzii

Expert Member
Got an update that no promotions, salary increases or bonuses in this FY (till Feb 2021)

ActivateD

Expert Member
Nope everyone in the company kept their salary but if things change directors will be the first to cut their salaries by 50% if it means everyone in the company keeps their salary.

Georgios

Yip. All departments. Some departments as high as 70% salary cut.

maumau

Honorary Master
We get our increases effective March, just before lock down.
No pay cuts, but all vacant positions are frozen.
Everyone WFH but required to "use or lose" all leave before 31 Dec 2020 (i.e. won't be carried over to next year)
Bonuses unlikely.

Lock down been relatively good for the family tho. Wifey and I WFH, and kiddeo, recent graduate, got a job with Warner Bros Gaming, where he gets to WFH and paid in USD. Finally getting rental income from him. Payback time!
Very nice. What did your son/daughter graduate in?

beans100

Honorary Master
Yes, 20% cut, with 5 more off days. Seems they are considering making it permanent.
Some people here, is working remotely. They complain, that they're given more work than when they came in. No off switch for them, it seems.

Mbuyiselo

Yes, we're not getting full salaries at our company. It just varies to whatever the company can afford on that month.

Johand

Expert Member
No salary cuts, but bonuses, promotions and increases have been stopped. Company going out of its way to protect its people.

beans100

Honorary Master
Strange how companies will cut your salary and hours work, but still won't let you moonlight for some extra cash. Happening to a colleague of mine.

K@rmaCuzzi

I work in Manufacturing and so most people cannot work from home. For the 1st 5 weeks that we were all at home the company took some time from our annual leave but still paid us 70% even though we were not there. 4th May many of us returned but still received only 3.5 days pay for every 5 days worked but at least gave us credit 1.5 days leave for what we lost. Those who could not return still received 70% pay regardless. UIF TERS helped alot and so the 30% pay cut was not really felt, only lost 5% in the end. The company has been really good to us in light of what others are suffering at the moment.

I have my VISA approved to leave SA, just need to get to the Consulate to get biometrics done and have it stamped into my passport. The next challenge will be to find a flight.

Stuey74

No salary cut but wife lost her job so net household income down.

AngelaKrige

No annual increase last year.
A 30% cut backdated to March 2020 which includes a halt on money going into pension fund.
A reduction in working hours as well.
Working from home full time, normally work full time at the office.