Has your company been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic?

Has your company been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic?

• Yes

Votes: 83 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Has your company been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic? Do you think it will threaten salary increases, bonuses and potentially result in job cuts or salary cuts?

etienne_marais

Executive Member
Yes, in the usual manner that all employees are working from home (except me for an essential service) and that we have already been told to expect salary cuts.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Title and second question in OP are different.
Our company has been impacted, as should 99% of companies, since everyone is working from home, but otherwise revenue/profit wise, company is probably doing better than ever based on feedback.
Question is more, what industry do you work in, what industry is the company you work for and from there you can base if issues. Anything touching tourism is tanking for example, still wondering about banks as more people will take loans but more people will default.

Krilliano

Construction industry. Salary cuts and retrenchments expected if the lockdown is extended. Retrenchments was already on the cards before the virus and lockdown.

powermzii

Expert Member
Everyone working from home, client projects taking longer to start / sign off and so the pipeline looks bleak. Projects that are underway have been requested to slow down

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Everyone working from home, client projects taking longer to start / sign off and so the pipeline looks bleak. Projects that are underway have been requested to slow down.
Software development?

Interesting that clients request a slowdown. Is that because of cashflow problems from their side?

powermzii

Expert Member
Software development?

Interesting that clients request a slowdown. Is that because of cashflow problems from their side?
Consulting

Yeah a numb of the clients are having immediate CAPEX issues so requesting a slowdown / delay in starting

Magnum

Expert Member
We still getting paid full. waiting to see what is going on. We losing Big Bucks

adrcl

They should give us an increase because it's even busier now

Alidaanandalej

im a one man business. My bisiness came to a standstill and my business is the only income I have. At the moment I have gone bankrupt. Cant pay rent, my bond, rates and taxes, water and lights or phone bill.

Packetstorm

working from home. cant say too much, my boss might be reading this. full pay end april minus annual leave. dunno whats gonna happen if they extend this lockdown.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Software development?

Actually had the same request from one client due to self-preservation.

Markd

Software development?

Most companies are going to put a freeze on anything other than critical projects in order to ensure they have as much cash on hand to deal with this situation. Just go and read the financial results of your favourite top 40 companies and you'll see that if they cant trade and generate revenue, they can't continue to honor their payments for more than 1-3 months. So why hand that cash over to a vendor when you can use it to pay reduced salaries to your staff?

gottagoon

Expert Member
Company closed. We all sitting at home. Don't know what the future holds. Times are tough.

Sensorei

Executive Member
My business can't operate. No income for myself or my wife while this lockdown lasts.