Hass and IDS alarm integration

georgelza

:) got it working.

so I'm forwarding <WAN>:8124 onto <HA Host>:8124 internally.
I then set up NginX to take 443/tcp on container and associate it with 8124 on host and left :80 empty.
It seems... nGinx Home Assistant then knows to take 8124 and push it to 8123...

I can now now use the app on internal network, the app still points to <HA Host>:8123
And the External URL points to https://<domain>:8124
... and I have <below> in my configuration.yaml

homeassistant:
external_url: "https://tinmanha.duckdns.org:8123"
internal_url: "http://192.168.0.110:8123"

G

Last edited:

georgelza

question... anyone figure out how to determine who is logged in ? as the system is accessed via the HA mobile app, i want to push this username through to node_red, when we arm/disarm we can add string of who's actioning the command, want to use this...

G

georgelza

Just a FYI... could never get to see the internal and external ip in configuration/general...
issue, it's only shown when you have advance features ticked under you User profile.
G

georgelza

Curious if anyone knows, when I now arm my system paradox still sends me a email... but it now reads <sitename> armed by unknown
How can I change unknown...
G
Correction, the email reads armed by Software, its the InsiteGold App on phone that reports armed by unknown

Last edited:

georgelza

I've emailed paradox support on the next one, but maybe someone here knows... I do a date/time update on my keypad, but even though I enter local SA time it immediately reverts back to a GMT time, ???
G

109solo

Good Day Everyone! I'm new to MB but following this thread for a while. I’ve recently been playing around with Hass and my IDS alarm. Reading up an mqtt brokers and clients I discovered an IDS manual that reference the HYYP modules broker. The manual says that the module connects to a mqtt server url: mqtt.trintel.co.za on port 8883. When using a dev tool called mqtt explore I’m able to connect to the broker but using the username and password i used setting up my account for HYYP Home does not authenticate me and thus I’m unable to exlore the topics published by the broker. I was wondering if someone here was able to connect to this broker to control their IDS alarm or what might be an alternative for Hass/IDS integration?

Speedster

Honorary Master
Good Day Everyone! I'm new to MB but following this thread for a while. I’ve recently been playing around with Hass and my IDS alarm. Reading up an mqtt brokers and clients I discovered an IDS manual that reference the HYYP modules broker. The manual says that the module connects to a mqtt server url: mqtt.trintel.co.za on port 8883. When using a dev tool called mqtt explore I’m able to connect to the broker but using the username and password i used setting up my account for HYYP Home does not authenticate me and thus I’m unable to exlore the topics published by the broker. I was wondering if someone here was able to connect to this broker to control their IDS alarm or what might be an alternative for Hass/IDS integration?
This is promising. Maybe worthwhile reaching out to IDS support?

hilton

Expert Member
The chances of an installer knowing anything about this are less than Zuma getting convicted.

grump_grouch

Don't think you can do the MQTT call directly, but you can call their REST API to manage/control your alarm. Only "difficult" part is to obtain your phone credentials that is used by the HYYP app, as theses are expected to be passed in with each call to the REST API.

Was going well. The Python scripts and HA could communicate via the MQTT broker. Could not connect directly to the HYYP module on local network but could connect via the internet. Had it set up to arm/disarm/bypass based on time of day and who was at home/away and when. Big problem was the IDS/HYYP servers that were always offline when I needed it most. Even when using their HYYP app I could not connect to my alarm a lot of the time. Went through 7 HYYP modules with them (even using one of their 3G/4G modules supplied by them with their own sim card in it - they kept on blaming my network/ISP - Cool Ideas on Vumatel). After 2 years of fighting with them (even got a letter from them stating there were issues with their HYYP servers) and them promising to sort out their servers/issues, I gave up on IDS and replaced the system with a Paradox one. Got tired of not being in control of my own alarm/property and unable to control it remotely (even with their HYYP app). Paradox is a much better system in my opinion and I am so much happier with it. So if you know of anybody who wants an IDS X64 system with a couple of expander modules for very cheap, I have the paper-weight lying around somewhere :laugh:

Basically you will have to look at the packets that the HYYP app sends in order to get your module ID that gets used on their servers. With this you can then send commands to their HYYP servers and retrieve info from their servers in order to manage your alarm. It is just a couple of REST API calls.
I know this is a very long time ago. How did you connect to the IDS alarm system or HYYP to get the info?

grump_grouch

I know this is a very long time ago. How did you connect to the IDS alarm system or HYYP to get the info?
The REST API for the HYYP servers are available, so you can emulate the HYYP app programmatically. This is not direct control of the IDS system, but at least you can script your automation. Downside of the whole IDS/HYYP remote command methodology is that you are still at the mercy of IDS and never in direct control of your own alarm (unless you use the keypads, which defeats the whole object of remote control). You basically send a request to IDS/HYYP and they will then perform the action on your alarm. If the HYYP servers are down, you are up a creek. My automation via HA and Python scripts ran fine - when the HYYP servers were up/available.

The REST API for the HYYP servers are available, so you can emulate the HYYP app programmatically. This is not direct control of the IDS system, but at least you can script your automation. Downside of the whole IDS/HYYP remote command methodology is that you are still at the mercy of IDS and never in direct control of your own alarm (unless you use the keypads, which defeats the whole object of remote control). You basically send a request to IDS/HYYP and they will then perform the action on your alarm. If the HYYP servers are down, you are up a creek. My automation via HA and Python scripts ran fine - when the HYYP servers were up/available.
Where can i find the rest api for the hyyp server? or how do i go about doing this?

I am mostly interested in the zone statusses, not so mush worried about the control

grump_grouch

Where can i find the rest api for the hyyp server? or how do i go about doing this?
You would need to run a sniffer to capture the packets to/from your HYYP app (needs SSL decryption). I used Packet Capture by Grey Shirts for Android on my side. You need to get the sequence of commands for the login process (you will obtain a token for each session that you need to use for all following commands and you will be assigned a gcmID for your HYYP app/login). I have sent a sequence of sample calls via PM to get your current system status. All return packets are JSON.

KeaganG

You would need to run a sniffer to capture the packets to/from your HYYP app (needs SSL decryption). I used Packet Capture by Grey Shirts for Android on my side. You need to get the sequence of commands for the login process (you will obtain a token for each session that you need to use for all following commands and you will be assigned a gcmID for your HYYP app/login). I have sent a sequence of sample calls via PM to get your current system status. All return packets are JSON.
Hi I am also trying to find the rest api for the hypp app. Could you please share the sequence on sample calls to me as well

So yesterday i finally made it to work. Not really what i was hoping to get. You will probably be able to bypass the zones or arm/dismarm the alarm from home assistant. I wanted to get the status of each of the zones. but it looks like the HYYP app only post those when the zone is triggered during armed state.

You will have to decode the JSON format of the information you get to do anything with what the HYYP app posts.

If you would like to check it out, Here are the steps:
1. You have to download a program called mitmproxy (https://mitmproxy.org/).
2. install the program on any computer.
3. You then set you phone's wifi to use the proxy (ip of the computer you set it up on and port 8080)
4. Go to mitm.it
5. Download the certificate for your phone and install it
6. You will then see on the console made by mitmproxy that there is data flowing through the proxy (if not then check the settings of your phone)
7. Open the HYYP app and log in. you will see a few get commands appear.

Thanks to @grump_grouch for pointing me in the right direction.
Hi I am also trying to find the rest api for the hypp app. Could you please share the sequence on sample calls to me as well

Neuk_

Expert Member
Similar to myself, I am happy with our Paradox alarm but the Insite Gold application ahs been pretty terrible from day one. I was busy with trying to get Home Assistant to interface with our MG5050 panel via the standard IP150 but it looks like I need to upgrade firmware. It has been recommended that I avoid upgrading firmware and explore other avenues of integration with Home Assistant.

I finally bit the bullet and got our alarm guy to come and upgrade our MG5050 panel and IP150 firmware to the latest versions and with @Gielie01's help managed to get PAI working with Mosquitto MQTT after a long, frustrating struggle. One issue is that Paradox only allows one connection so I can't use HA and Insite Gold at the moment, so while I work on HA I have PAI and Mosquitto MQTT running but then stop as my fiancé still uses Insite Gold. I eventually plan to get her on HA completely and we can ditch Insite Gold.