Haval/GWM Cars

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If I was in the market for a new bakkie, I would possibly be waiting until this is released.
I would expect it to be cheaper than the encumbents, but not by 100's of thousands. Where they will win is the standard kit levels at the various price points in my opinion.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
If I was in the market for a new bakkie, I would possibly be waiting until this is released.
I would expect it to be cheaper than the encumbents, but not by 100's of thousands. Where they will win is the standard kit levels at the various price points in my opinion.
Yes, i think this bakkie not only looks great but i think it will be well equiped. Never owned a double cab bakkie always wanted to though

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yes, i think this bakkie not only looks great but i think it will be well equiped. Never owned a double cab bakkie always wanted to though
I owned a 20 yr old 4x4 tank... and I have missed it every day since I was a right royal twat and wrote it off.

I love my 320D for the daily commute (not that I can use it in my 2m daily commute anymore :p), but I miss the bakkie for all the other stuff it allowed me to do.

berrypi

HAVAL has definitely grown... seeing more and more of it on the roads.. and a DC 4x4 sounds VERY appealing...
How good are the motors and Gearboxes? longevity... yes, it was launched fairly lately, however, any of these covering high kms yet? - link to article?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
HAVAL has definitely grown... seeing more and more of it on the roads.. and a DC 4x4 sounds VERY appealing...
How good are the motors and Gearboxes? longevity... yes, it was launched fairly lately, however, any of these covering high kms yet? - link to article?
Their motors are largely the issue and not for any reliability reasons.

They're not tuned properly for this market it seems so they're gas guzzlers compared to what they should be.... the H6C is the most known culprit.

Be interesting to see how this plays out with the P Series.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Their motors are largely the issue and not for any reliability reasons.

They're not tuned properly for this market it seems so they're gas guzzlers compared to what they should be.... the H6C is the most known culprit.

Be interesting to see how this plays out with the P Series.
Now this is something RGM should partner on, From the factory 3 tuning options obviously additional costs but to at least have the options.

Rhein

Honda SA must be worried and Haval, I'm sure, is smiling.
March 2018 - Haval sales = 59 and Honda = 942.
March 2019 - Haval sales = 631 and Honda = 744.
March 2020 - Haval sales = 923 and Honda = 267.
The above numbers for Haval don't include GWM sales.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Honda SA must be worried and Haval, I'm sure, is smiling.
March 2018 - Haval sales = 59 and Honda = 942.
March 2019 - Haval sales = 631 and Honda = 744.
March 2020 - Haval sales = 923 and Honda = 267.
The above numbers for Haval don't include GWM sales.
A couple of car companies in SA are proving to be very useless in the face of stiff competition, you can also add Opel to the list.

Rhein

A couple of car companies in SA are proving to be very useless in the face of stiff competition, you can also add Opel to the list.
Yeah, Opel sales have gone down the tubes but that, I think is largely due to GM's withdrawal from SA and not for any other reason.
I recall reading some time ago about Honda's attitude. It was an article appeared in either cars.co.za or autotrader that reflected Honda's fall from grace. The author gave Honda quite a lambasting. I tried looking for it but gave up...I'm not that bored.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Yeah, Opel sales have gone down the tubes but that, I think is largely due to GM's withdrawal from SA and not for any other reason.
I recall reading some time ago about Honda's attitude. It was an article appeared in either cars.co.za or autotrader that reflected Honda's fall from grace. The author gave Honda quite a lambasting. I tried looking for it but gave up...I'm not that bored.

Hephaestus

Forging
It must be a malfunctioning auto lights circuitry, hopefully it's an isolated incident.
Will see, it is Chinese, might have just wanted us to take the 3rd right.

Weird incident, first time ever, I saw a car deciding to only turn on the lights on one side

thechamp

Honorary Master
Will see, it is Chinese, might have just wanted us to take the 3rd right.

Weird incident, first time ever, I saw a car deciding to only turn on the lights on one side
Don't be too hard on the Chinese, malfunctioning auto lights are not a new thing and certainly not a Chinese thing. There should also be a reasonable explanation of the one sided operation.

Hephaestus

Forging
Don't be too hard on the Chinese, malfunctioning auto lights are not a new thing and certainly not a Chinese thing. There should also be a reasonable explanation of the one sided operation.

It could have just seen the likkewaan we saw today, and think dinner.