Haval/GWM Cars

PsyPhin

Been driving a P-Series since January, one of the first owners in SA. So far, no issues and it is running perfectly. Yes, many will say it will be to early to say about reliability, but if it was a cheap Bakkie there probably would have been small niggles showing up already (or major rattles etc). None of the sort. An after sales service remains a delight.

The GWM and Haval models are FLYING off the floors. So much so, that a few dealership had to increase their floor space to handle the volumes.

That in itself says a lot.
Which dealer do you use?

judalion55

Which dealer do you use?
CMH Haval Silver Lakes in Pretoria East. Gerhard Lourens and his team is excellent. I have a few other dealers I can recommend throughout SA, so let me know your location and then I can respond.

judalion55

Six Bakkie Drag Race! Hilux vs Ranger vs Amarok vs P-Series vs BT-50 vs Navara (all 4x4) - Cars.co.za

Now put the smaller engine options of each in this race, e.g. Ford 2.0 single turbo or 2.2, Amarok 2.0TD, Mazda 1.9TD, Hilux 2.4TD.... Which is more in line with the 2 litre of the P-Series, and watch who wins then.

Very interesting race overall, but it is not comparing apples with apples in engine displacement.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Now put the smaller engine options of each in this race, e.g. Ford 2.0 single turbo or 2.2, Amarok 2.0TD, Mazda 1.9TD, Hilux 2.4TD.... Which is more in line with the 2 litre of the P-Series, and watch who wins then.

Very interesting race overall, but it is not comparing apples with apples in engine displacement.
All things considered from that drag the standout vs on paper figures is that new BT-50/KB.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
GWM P Series Everest Edition revealed with enhanced off-roading tech

The GWM P Series Everest Edition recently broke cover as a limited model that pays tribute to the National Survey and Mountaineering Team which conducted an elevation measurement last year. A variant of this bakkie was used as a support vehicle for this task.

According to Pikache, the GWM P Series Everest Edition has been fitted with a snorkel that gives it a 7 00 mm wading depth, a 4 300 kg winch and a triple diff-lock system. Further equipment includes a reinforced chassis and manually selectable 2H, 4H and 4L selector as opposed to the automated BorgWarner system.

The GWM P Series Everest Edition also brings with it an “off-road expert mode” which allows drivers to deactivate all electrical aids such as the traction and stability control to enhance off-road capabilities. The double-cab bakkie has also been installed with a factory-built creep mode and a tank u-turn function to help it get out of tight spots.

Creature comforts in the GWM P Series Everest Edition include a multifunction leather steering wheel, six-way electrically adjustable leather seats, an interior fragrance system, automatic air conditioning, air vents for the rear bench and a 220 V power supply. Safety and convenience is supplied by a 360 degree park assist display, six airbags, a full LCD digital instrument cluster and adaptive cruise control.

GWM 1.jpeg GWM 2.jpeg GWM 3.jpeg GWM 4.jpeg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
RoadTrip | In search of the 'Great Wall of Mzansi' in the Chinese-built GWM P Series bakkie

• The RoadTrip team takes to Kosi Bay to find South Africa's own Great Wall.

• The GWM P Series was used for the undertaking and successfully completed the 1 400km trip.

• The team came close to the wall, but was stopped by SANDF from proceeding to the wall.

Named after the Great Wall of China, the vehicle manufacturer GWM is the largest producer of sport-utility vehicles (SUVs) and pickup trucks in China, selling passenger cars and bakkies under the Great Wall brand and SUVs under the Haval and WEY trademarks.

Now trading here under the Haval name, the Chinese auto giant introduced the new GWM P Series pickup truck range late last year to supplement (and eventually replace) the ageing Steed bakkie line-up. Available in single- and double cab form with Commercial or Passenger trim levels, the P Series is already making inroads into the hugely competitive local one-ton bakkie market.

However, with the Steed 6 as the benchmark, we were still somewhat sceptical of the abilities of the P Series - more so as Haval South Africa viewed it as a serious contender to the main protagonists in the one-ton bakkie market: the Hilux, Ranger, D-Max, Navara, Triton, BT-50, and the likes.

So, to ascertain its proficiencies, we decided to take it on an extended road trip on divergent terrain, but where to?

Well, with South Africa in the process of erecting its own Great Wall - the so-called (and quite controversial) Jersey Barrier Wall Project - along the border between Mozambique and Northern KwaZulu-Natal, it just made sense to take the new Great Wall bakkie there.

https://www.news24.com/wheels/offro...-chinese-built-gwm-p-series-bakkie-20210921-2

GWM 1.jpeg GWM 2.jpeg GWM 3.jpeg

upup

Executive Member
I heard that Haval hired a land rover guy to design to jolly model. Wonder how it is on gravel roads

Rendier

Expert Member
Howzit, so I have three questions after buying my Haval Jolion and I am very happy with it.

1. Is there a way to disable safety belt being on to move the car?
2. Can the indicator noise be reduced?
3. Is there a place in South Africa that sells the overseas version of the Jolion Grill?

Thanks

Billy

Expert Member
The Jolion honeycomb grill can be ordered from the Dealers R7600 fitted, according to posts on the Jolion Fans Facebook page.

The indicator noise is created by the mechanical action of the switch, so it is unlikely that it can be adjusted.

No idea on the seatbelt, try one of the Australian Jolion pages, they have had the Jolion longer than SA.

Rendier

Expert Member
Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. Will check the overseas forum.

judalion55

Howzit, so I have three questions after buying my Haval Jolion and I am very happy with it.

1. Is there a way to disable safety belt being on to move the car?
2. Can the indicator noise be reduced?
3. Is there a place in South Africa that sells the overseas version of the Jolion Grill?

Thanks
On question 2, go to your sound settings and search for alerts. If you turn it down, the indicator sound should also decrease. I have found that level 3 is sufficient. It is on level 10 by default.

Crayons

GWM P Series Everest Edition revealed with enhanced off-roading tech

The GWM P Series Everest Edition recently broke cover as a limited model that pays tribute to the National Survey and Mountaineering Team which conducted an elevation measurement last year. A variant of this bakkie was used as a support vehicle for this task.

According to Pikache, the GWM P Series Everest Edition has been fitted with a snorkel that gives it a 7 00 mm wading depth, a 4 300 kg winch and a triple diff-lock system. Further equipment includes a reinforced chassis and manually selectable 2H, 4H and 4L selector as opposed to the automated BorgWarner system.

The GWM P Series Everest Edition also brings with it an “off-road expert mode” which allows drivers to deactivate all electrical aids such as the traction and stability control to enhance off-road capabilities. The double-cab bakkie has also been installed with a factory-built creep mode and a tank u-turn function to help it get out of tight spots.

Creature comforts in the GWM P Series Everest Edition include a multifunction leather steering wheel, six-way electrically adjustable leather seats, an interior fragrance system, automatic air conditioning, air vents for the rear bench and a 220 V power supply. Safety and convenience is supplied by a 360 degree park assist display, six airbags, a full LCD digital instrument cluster and adaptive cruise control.

View attachment 1148240 View attachment 1148242 View attachment 1148244 View attachment 1148246

They made it ugly