Haval/GWM Cars

Thinus1990

I'm sure this discussion must have already taken place somewhere in this thread. So forgive me for asking it again.

How reliable are the P Series bakkies? I am being seduced by the interior and tech of the passenger models, but would really appreciate some feedback of real world experiences from people who have actually spent their hard earned money on them.

WAslayer

Executive Member
I'm sure this discussion must have already taken place somewhere in this thread. So forgive me for asking it again.

How reliable are the P Series bakkies? I am being seduced by the interior and tech of the passenger models, but would really appreciate some feedback of real world experiences from people who have actually spent their hard earned money on them.
Too early to talk about reliability..

Read up in this thread a little bit, someone here as had one for a few months and has been very happy thus far..

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yeah you won't get too many reviews, buy one and add to the number of people who can give reviews.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Yeah you won't get too many reviews, buy one and add to the number of people who can give reviews.
lol you say it like it is a McD's burger or something.

Not disagreeing with you just your choice of words lol

TheChamp

Honorary Master
GWM has been building bakkies for a while now, the sales numbers should count for something

Thinus1990

Too early to talk about reliability..

Read up in this thread a little bit, someone here as had one for a few months and has been very happy thus far..
I'll have another search through this thread and see what some of the owners say.

I realize no long term feedback can be given just yet. Just wondering what people's opinion has been in the first 5000km / 10000km/ 20000km. Basically are they happy enough that they would buy one again.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Here are some opinions of people on a Facebook group that was established more than a year ago for owners with defective products or issues they cannot seem to resolve.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/motorin...tch-haval-shuns-allegations-of-shoddy-brakes/
View attachment 1154576 View attachment 1154578 View attachment 1154580 View attachment 1154582 View attachment 1154584 View attachment 1154574
Yeah that would be a good place to check. I can't go into Facebook unfortunately, I wonder how does the number of complaints compare to the number of sales, because they are selling a lot of cars.

Good to see there are no complaints on GWM bakkies, there must be a couple of them on the roads already and there are way more older Steed bakkies around.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Good to see there are no complaints on GWM bakkies, there must be a couple of them on the roads already and there are way more older Steed bakkies around.
so its a "good" copy of a Japanese bakkie,
probably parts are interchangeable as well, (spark plugs, oli filters, air filters, body panels)

then again, if it aint broke dont fix it, and why design something from scratch when all you do is copy a Japanese one with Cheaper materials, and call it your own.
and sell it for Cheaper.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
probably parts are interchangeable as well, (spark plugs, oli filters, air filters, body panels)

then again, if it aint broke dont fix it, and why design something from scratch when all you do is copy a Japanese one with Cheaper materials, and call it your own.
and sell it for Cheaper.
Argh, we've been through all this nonsense already eg2505.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
so? my argument stands, prove me wrong...
When has that ever worked? You have been proven wrong so many times on this forum but you just bulldoze your way through to victory, with or without facts.

Louis72

Expert Member

and sell it for Cheaper.

Argh, we've been through all this nonsense already eg2505.
Just because you can copy a design doesnt mean you have the skill or expertise to assemble or build components on mass scale and keep the quality consistent.

What other brand such as Toyota, VW or Subaru has a fb page saying that “they must fall” with owners that are very unhappy?
Those brands have been doing it for decades.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Just because you can copy a design doesnt mean you have the skill or expertise to assemble or build components on mass scale and keep the quality consistent.

What other brand such as Toyota, VW or Subaru has a fb page saying that “they must fall” with owners that are very unhappy?
Those brands have been doing it for decades.
I agree but eg2505 is a lost cause, he thinks every car from a Chinese manufacturers is copied, he totally refuse to see reason no matter how hard I try, for an example I tried explaining to him that finding an oil filter on a GWM bakkie that fits on a Toyota does not mean any copying since the same part can also fit on some German or French car because some parts are generic. There was even a thread started here about parts shared across manufacturers.

All that is wasted on eg2505.

Suspect99

Executive Member
I agree but eg2505 is a lost cause, he thinks every car from a Chinese manufacturers is copied, he totally refuse to see reason no matter how hard I try, for an example I tried explaining to him that finding an oil filter on a GWM bakkie that fits on a Toyota does not mean any copying since the same part can also fit on some German or French car because some parts are generic. There was even a thread started here about parts shared across manufacturers.

All that is wasted on eg2505.
eg2505 makes up a story in his head and steadfastly sticks to it , despite evidence to the contrary. That's just how he is. Useless arguing.

eg2505

Honorary Master
eg2505 makes up a story in his head and steadfastly sticks to it , despite evidence to the contrary. That's just how he is. Useless arguing.
nice to know people care, :ROFL:

and anyway, China is a prolific copier, its been proven many times over, and many times since, they are incapable of designing something that works that they came up with.
its much easier to copy and change a few details to fool everybody then it is to come up with their own design.

prove me wrong, they are the experts in such engineering, and some of it isn't as obvious as it seems,
like the gearbox being a drop in copy for something else, or the instrument panel being the exact same one from a well known manufacturer.

I mean if it works for shoes, and clothing and gadgets, how hard is it to extend it to cars,
I mean its so simple, a child could do it, take a Hilux, change a few details, and call it a Steed and voila, a Chinese bakkie nobody could complain about.

my only issue, is what sort of copy is it? a good or bad one, did they leave things you want?
for instance is it as strong as a Hilux, with weird styling, or is it a bad copy that they copied the wrong bits and it falls apart after 3 years.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
GWM P Series Black Bullet officially unveiled as new flagship offering

The final production version of the GWM P Series Black Bullet has been unveiled to add more aspiration to the current range. The exclusive model has been put together with the help of Chinese 4×4 experts, Yunliang.

As revealed by Car Expert, the GWM P Series Black Bullet benefits from a plethora of accessories from Yunliang such as a set of double-coloured rock lights on the sides of the front, a bull bar and rear bar with a step and snorkel. This is accentuated by rugged side steps which act as rock sliders as well as flared wheel arches.

Adding to its capabilities is a 5 400 kg Warn winch as well as a set of off-roading wheels mated to 285/70 R17 BF Goodrich K02 all-terrain tyres. An Atlas adjustable nitro-charged suspension setup which raises the ride by 51 mm joins a widened wheel track for a more muscular look. Unlike the Everest Edition, the GWM P Series Black Bullet employs the Eaton differential lockers.

Within the cabin of the GWM P Series Black Bullet, a black and white colour scheme has been applied to the upholstery and trimmings. This is contrasted by a number of orange accents.

CF63498D-AC93-468A-938D-AEF9CD472F5C.jpeg 85EF402C-6224-4370-833F-0EAA9DD90F3B.jpeg 463F7DD4-D05D-45EC-B81E-3D9547D285BC.jpeg 20101298-3C46-490C-8D16-2961FB24D70C.jpeg

killerbyte

Expert Member
I went to visit a friend who works at a Haval/GWM dealership this past weekend. I took the P-Series and the H6 out for a spin.
I am not really a bakkie guy so all I can say is that it was comfortable and easy to drive.
But that H6 won me over. It was the top of the range and it was a dream to drive. Very comfortable, very nippy, all round I was impressed.