• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Have e-tolls made Johannesburg traffic much worse?

lived666

Executive Member
peak traffic yet to start and already the highways are congested, looks like its going to be a nightmare on the roads come peak hour traffic
traffic4pm.png

lived666

Executive Member
Because it can't carry more WHEN the people WANT to use it (peak times)
I concur, they can't add carriages but are they running their trains to frequency capacity, or are they holding back to keep running costs down? Whats stopping them sending off a train every 2 minutes during peak hour? According to their websites they run 5 trains an hour during peak times, as in one every 12 minutes, I wonder why they don't increase that?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I concur, they can't add carriages but are they running their trains to frequency capacity, or are they holding back to keep running costs down? Whats stopping them sending off a train every 2 minutes during peak hour? According to their websites they run 5 trains an hour during peak times, as in one every 12 minutes, I wonder why they don't increase that?
Bad design.

Marlboro to Sandton and further underground is SINGLE track, yes, the morons didn't build double track all the way. So to avoid head on collisions there is a time limit they can't go below, 8 min intervals if I remember correctly.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Bad design.

Marlboro to Sandton and further underground is SINGLE track, yes, the morons didn't build double track all the way. So to avoid head on collisions there is a time limit they can't go below, 8 min intervals if I remember correctly.
Was going to mention this.
Also the planned expansions haven't occurred in 7 years, they've not even started by the looks of it. Was supposed to go to Fourways down through to Roodepoort, this would also help the highways but oh well.