Votes: 15 62.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • what ?

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

joker08

Expert Member
I am a fan of the Big bang theory and they seem to mention this in several episodes. I have never watched a movie with directors commentary, have u ?
If yes do tell which movie was it and was it worth watching with the additional chit chat.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Yip, lots when I bought dvds. Especially Buffy and Angel. LOTR has multiple commentary tracks for each film for the director, actors and production team

Fun fact, In Tropic Thunder, RDJ is still in character during the commentary just like he said in the film.

Slight OT: The dvd for the original Spider-Man in the 2000s had pop-up Did You Know facts through the whole film as well as the commentary.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Wtf would I want to do that?

I'll watch a director's cut/extended version but notafok am I listening to some d00s yack on about his/her movie.

lowriderza

Expert Member
I have done it for various movies a couple of times. Sometimes it's pretty droll but other times it will be a funny cast member and the director which helps. Then it's like friends talking about a movie they've watched.

wbot

Expert Member
A few times. Can be pretty damn interesting and funny at times, but can also be super boring and annoying. I've also listened to the commentary for every single episode of Futurama, the only series I've done that for.

And then I've also listened to the commentary in a few games like Half Life and Tomb Raider.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Wtf would I want to do that?

I'll watch a director's cut/extended version but notafok am I listening to some d00s yack on about his/her movie.

Considering you are paying that 'd00s' to watch the movie, what does that make you?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I can't say that I have done so with movies, but I have replay adventure games and some other indie titles with developers commentary.

It provides you with better insight into why they have opted to do this or that, how they were inspired and so on. Generally it are 'artists' commentary and I like it, especially when it is made by someone like Tim Schafer.

Movies, no.