Have you accepted Whatsapp's new privacy policy? Will you?

Have you accepted Whatsapp's new privacy policy?

• I have

Votes: 160 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I [probably] will

Votes: 93 26.6%
  • I won't

Votes: 88 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.6%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Right now I'm playing a game of chicken, waiting to see if they blink first (again), but I probably will as there's no way all the people I do work for are going to switch to something else.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Right now I'm playing a game of chicken, waiting to see if they blink first (again), but I probably will as there's no way all the people I do work for are going to switch to something else.
I understand it as everyone with a cell phone has the ability to sms. That's the alternative for everyone, right?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I understand it as everyone with a cell phone has the ability to sms. That's the alternative for everyone, right?
SMS conversations can be costly, esp internationally.

There are plenty of other messaging apps, some might even claim better messaging apps, but WA has pretty much become the standard.

cr@zydude

Executive Member

Same here. I will accept as soon as they lock me out.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

There are plenty of other messaging apps, some might even claim better messaging apps, but WA has pretty much become the standard.
Maybe. I ditched WA in January. Customers/family/friends who don't go to Telegram or Signal and can't afford an SMS are lost to me, and that's fine too.

(I did get a burner phone with a pre-RICA'd SIM for WA as some retards won't move the work and CPF WA groups to a better (yes, telegram) platform)

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Maybe. I ditched WA in January. Customers/family/friends who don't go to Telegram or Signal and can't afford an SMS are lost to me, and that's fine too.

(I did get a burner phone with a pre-RICA'd SIM for WA as some retards won't move the work and CPF WA groups to a better (yes, telegram) platform)
So you ditched WA... but didn't? :unsure:

EDIT: what's the point of having it on a second phone?

saor

Honorary Master

Ja, sms isn't really designed for back & forth chat and it's a pain attaching media to an SMS.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I have. I've also deleted my Signal account.
I installed Telegram because of one or two people saving the world, most probably also going vegan, but haven't had to use it once.

Besides for Frikkie has joined Telegram messages, it is useless.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
So you ditched WA... but didn't? :unsure:

EDIT: what's the point of having it on a second phone?
None of my personal details are on that device. I don't use it for anything other than a handful of WA groups where I absolutely have to be on them.

This ensures that WA/FB cannot access me or send targeted marketing to me, or sell my attention to advertisers, as the persona on that device isn't me.