Have you been a victim of crime?

Have you been a victim of crime over the last year?

• Yes

Votes: 226 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 121 34.9%

• Total voters

Splinter

Honorary Master
The SAPS released South Africa’s crime stats today, showing a mixed bag of results. Many crimes increased, while others decreased.

What is your experience about crime in South Africa? Have you been a victim of crime over the last year, and if so, can you give details?
@rpm - maybe you should start a poll as to who has not been a victim of crime?

Seriously.

Reactions: rh1

Splinter

Honorary Master
But yes - a few times.

Was a security war vs attempted burglary for a couple of years

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Yes. Pickpocketed my galaxy S7.

I had my jeans on with it in my front pocket. As soon as it happenend I walked a couple of steps and did the usual pat down that you do when you suspect you lost something. And it was gone.

In previous years it ranged from stolen bicycle (when I was 11) to mugging to house robberies.

thechamp

Honorary Master
About ten years ago, house broken into while at work and some laptops stolen.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Not in the last year.

Had a small break in about 7 years ago. They climbed in through the only window that didn't have burglar bars (which was fixed a week later). Was more of an "opportunity" crime. Just small items and money taken. No electronics. Happened while there were still many construction workers in the estate. But now that they are finished our security is good. I have no alarm system and on more than one occasion I've accidentally left the garage door open. One of the joys of living in a security estate.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Cellphone pickpocketed at a concert
Dog poisoned (luckily she is a big girl and didn't eat enough of the sh*t) and attempted housebreak - the male boerboel did not eat anything and surprised the hell out of the 3 f*ckers that jumped the wall! Wish the lightning didn't whack out the drive that the footage was on ;)

saturnz

Honorary Master
if taxation and inflation were actual crimes, then yes every single moment I'm impacted by crime

donvilla07

Not in the last year. But woke up in the early hours of the morning January 2018 to someone climbing through my bathroom window. Luckily I got there while he was still halfway through, a few punches were thrown by both of us & the guy promptly made his way back out.

redarrow

Expert Member
In the last year no. Last time was many years ago, my phone, a "Sony Xperia X10 mini pro" was stolen, must've been around 2011 or so, can't remember exactly.