Have you been a victim of crime?

Have you been a victim of crime over the last year?

• Yes

Votes: 226 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 121 34.9%

• Total voters

gottagoon

Expert Member
WTF are you on about ? Are you drunk ?
Nope but I was trying too. Nothing wrong with spreading luurve... instead of hatred. I admire women that are strong and can handle what life throws and can still find the funny side in all of it.

Like I said I maumau is an exceptional person.

Apologies for thread detail.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
We had a break in 3 weeks ago while we were all out at work/school. They took TV, 2 laptops and my daughter's tablet that she had only received for her birthday the previous day. Grateful it wasn't a violent situation and no-one was put at risk.

All in all, we've been in this house for 10 years and this is the first issue we have had. All in all, I still feel that the area is about as you get in Gauteng. Obviously we're concerned that we might be targeted again soon as often happens.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Yes a few times in the past. Sorry only BEE applicants will be considered...............

Yirhu

Petty crime yes, violent crime not yet:unsure:. 5 months ago my ps4 and 40 games oh and a loaf of white bread were stolen from my room.No burglary signs, nothing! Owners of the place where I used to rent had a drug addict who used the spare key from the main house to take my things. Reported it to police and the guy never got arrested but luckily got my console back only.

grok

Honorary Master
Not me personal, I was burgled twice in the last 8 years but nothing since they turned our area into a limited entrance village about 4 years ago.

Recently my daughter was smash & grabbed but the perp didn't get in due to anti s&g film. My daughter said she was taken by surprise but the film prevented him from entering the window but by the 3rd blow she realised he was trying to get in, so she put foot down and gtfo there. ******* got nothing for his trouble.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
2 cars stolen.
house almost broken into.
ex wife handbag was stolen
tried to steal my ex father in laws bakkie

Spice

(2 weeks ago) Attempted mugging - they got nothing from me except a bloody nose.
(15th of June) Car window smashed outside girlfriends house (nothing stolen as I emptied the car)
(end of January) Garage doors stolen during the night (dogs and alarm stopped them from coming into the property)
Surely I must have read wrong, garage doors? Not the contents but the doors?

Not sure why I'm shocked though. It does shock me how we still afford criminals who behave like barbaric animals human justice.

OCP

Expert Member
Surely I must have read wrong, garage doors? Not the contents but the doors?

Not sure why I'm shocked though. It does shock me how we still afford criminals who behave like barbaric animals human justice.
Yup - your reading skills are 100%

These were old school wooden swing open doors (one on each pillar)

Replaced with a rolling door (automated) after the wooden ones got nicked.

There is a PIR inside the carport but the angle meant you had to step inside about 1m for it to detect - they opened doors by forcing the lock and then took both doors AND hinges off carefully (clearly wanted to use doors again)

Only when they went further into carport did the alarm trigger + the dogs went running through.

Added sensor to new door + have camera's inside and outside now....

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Not in the past year, some unsuccessful attempts at trespass (to commit crime) in the past years, prevented due to proactive measures implemented.

JWVictor

Crime is totally out of control in South Africa.
One of the biggest issues is our justice system. How is it possible that a person gets 9years for racial comments and another get 6months for murder? I do agree that racial comments must be punished but then the punishment for murder, rape and theft should be much more.
2ndly we don't have properly trained SAPS members. 46% of all SAPS members did not pass the competency to carry a firearm. Now, thats not the only thing SAPS members should do, but one of the easy ways of measuring their competency. If they can't even do the basics, how will they be able to do the more advanced stuff?
3dly we don't have enough SAPS members. With fingers like 4500 members short in the Western Cape alone how in the world can the existing SAPS members get to all the complaints and follow up on cases.