Have you been a victim of crime?

Have you been a victim of crime over the last year?

• Yes

Votes: 226 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 121 34.9%

• Total voters

Esbendzn

Im a victim of crime every passing day, when i buy something at a store.... i get taxed...
When i pay my light bills but come home to loadshedding
When i vote but corruption continues.... my time is stolen.... the list goes on and on

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Way back in 2010 when I just bought a new house and hadn’t installed security gates yet some okes took the liberty of popping open the french door at the back of the house and Liberty of removing some things from my house.

It was to my benefit as I got new toys from insurance and they ended up with loads of dead devices or mostly useless with no value.

If the idiots stole my game collection they could have made some money and walked out with it in a backpack as well.

Criminals clearly aren’t very clever.

Solitude

Expert Member
My mother in law was looking after our house and dogs while we were touring Europe and then they stole her car. Don't think she'll ever look after the place again.

SunilK

1. Yes, my hard earned salary was used to bail out ESKOM.
2. My iPhone stolen while shopping at Makro.

Splinter

Honorary Master
And people only up their security after they have been a victim, despite me posting all my tips on things that can be done to improve security, to prevent being a victim in the first place..
180%

I have mentioned this before too many times, but I only got a decent alarm system after I was burgled.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Im a victim of crime every passing day, when i buy something at a store.... i get taxed...
When i pay my light bills but come home to loadshedding
When i vote but corruption continues.... my time is stolen.... the list goes on and on
Eusebius, is that you? :X3:

carolbyett

maybe you should be asking who hasn't been a victim of crime ... we have been victims too many times :(

xcellza

I've had 11 breaki-ins since August 2018, 3 In January 2019. The last break-in in 2018, the burglars decided to torch the house. The house was being prepared for a preschool to start in 2019, but no funding for the repairs. Goods to the value of R50k was stolen another R30k burnt excluding Montessori material. We caught a few of them, recovered about R3k of goods, but the law released them and they are roaming around free to break-in again. The preschool was suppose to be for the disadvantaged community that I live in. My frustration is that this country is only for criminals and no longer for honest people. And no one will cares.

xcellza

Today, I was victim of a crime. I purchased an Android TV unit on Bid or Buy, had the power supply give in and contacted the seller. They asked me to bring it in, which I did, and they replaced the power unit, about 5 months ago. On the 27 July 2019, I purchased another unit for a family member, it gave in over a week ago, now in the meantime in August my unit also packed up and I'm recovering from a Stent done on the 8 August 2019, so mobility was an issue as the family doesn't want me to move around alone. Today I went to the store with the invoice to have it replaced, the other shopkeeper that was in the store when I purchased the second unit, point blank refused to replace any of the 2 units, claiming he has a whole box of it upstairs and they all are faulty. There was a big scene as now he claims there is only a 7 day warranty on the units? He also came out from behind the counter to assault me, grabbed the invoice and hid it. Because I refused to leave the store without the invoice, they called security, this man started being abusive, swearing like very common people, with language that you would hear in extremely poor areas as well as calling me a foreinger even though he comes from another country and I am a SA citizen. I had the audacity to record him and he even wanted to take my phone as well as when I recorded the security, he too refused that I should record him. This all happened at China Mall, shop 191 block B. The shop owner also claimed that he had stop selling items on Bid or Buy and I checked, guess what, he has the same items listed. This man shoud ne put in jail, I am filiing charges tomorrow at the police station.

SPERUJ

Today, I was victim of a crime. I purchased an Android TV unit on Bid or Buy, had the power supply give in and contacted the seller. They asked me to bring it in, which I did, and they replaced the power unit, about 5 months ago. On the 27 July 2019, I purchased another unit for a family member, it gave in over a week ago, now in the meantime in August my unit also packed up and I'm recovering from a Stent done on the 8 August 2019, so mobility was an issue as the family doesn't want me to move around alone. Today I went to the store with the invoice to have it replaced, the other shopkeeper that was in the store when I purchased the second unit, point blank refused to replace any of the 2 units, claiming he has a whole box of it upstairs and they all are faulty. There was a big scene as now he claims there is only a 7 day warranty on the units? He also came out from behind the counter to assault me, grabbed the invoice and hid it. Because I refused to leave the store without the invoice, they called security, this man started being abusive, swearing like very common people, with language that you would hear in extremely poor areas as well as calling me a foreinger even though he comes from another country and I am a SA citizen. I had the audacity to record him and he even wanted to take my phone as well as when I recorded the security, he too refused that I should record him. This all happened at China Mall, shop 191 block B. The shop owner also claimed that he had stop selling items on Bid or Buy and I checked, guess what, he has the same items listed. This man shoud ne put in jail, I am filiing charges tomorrow at the police station.
Wow! Your bravery etc. Is admired :whistling:

xcellza

Does attempted house break in count?
Yes, pity you not allowed to use force against the crimals. This country, government is criminals so the criminals that harm you are right and when you defend yourself, you will be taken to task for it. Imagine they break-in and set your house alight with you and family in it? The captain of Sophiatown wrote in the register that I did not want to open a case?