Have you been a victim of crime?

Have you been a victim of crime over the last year?

• Yes

Votes: 226 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 121 34.9%

• Total voters

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yes, pity you not allowed to use force against the crimals. This country, government is criminals so the criminals that harm you are right and when you defend yourself, you will be taken to task for it. Imagine they break-in and set your house alight with you and family in it? The captain of Sophiatown wrote in the register that I did not want to open a case?
Care to elaborate on this? Would like to hear more.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
:( not nice.

BTW if your dogs are in the front garden watch out for poisoning.
Teach your dogs to only eat out of their own bowls. A friend also took this a little further and taught them to only eat food with a spice he hand mixes, included.

maumau

Honorary Master
Last year April, I parked my NP200 in a parking lot across the road from the restaurant that I was having dinner at with my family. Waitress comes along just as I'm about to leave and asks if I drove a white bakkie. After I answered, she prompted me to go have a look at the one down the road. Walk over to my car to find the passenger door wide open, wipers half way through a cycle (thieves must've got some life out of it), a bunch of tools on the driver's seat and my ignition completely stuffed. Thankfully my sound system and even money inside the car was not taken.
Worst part of the story was that my insurance wouldn't cover the new ignition system + repairs which meant I had to fork out just over 2k to get my car in driveable condition again.
Why didn't insurance pay out?

Fro

Scum broke into my car by using a screwdriver a couple of months ago. They shattered the window in the process which set off the alarm that scared them away.

I had nothing bar a pie and a pack of smokes in the car, which pissed me off even more because they caused me so much inconvenience for nothing!

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Parow, Cape Town, 3 blocks from the Parow train station. House has a parking lot to one side.
13 cameras constantly recording to 3 different computers running Blue Iris. 1m square signs everywhere showing pictures of security cameras (as bastards can't read).
Burglar bars, dogs. Even then I had one attempted break in at 4am. When he was rumbled he threw stones and broke the windows on one side of the house before running off.

TonytheNoble1

Mostly petty crime like stealing sprinklers. Littering should be made a crime as we have so much litter from people with filthy habits.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Have you been a victim of crime over the last year, and if so, can you give details?
Yes. For the last twenty years I paid taxes that have been stolen. I complained, but the cANCer gave me a toffee and stole more.

falcon786

Executive Member
Parow, Cape Town, 3 blocks from the Parow train station. House has a parking lot to one side.
13 cameras constantly recording to 3 different computers running Blue Iris. 1m square signs everywhere showing pictures of security cameras (as bastards can't read).
Burglar bars, dogs. Even then I had one attempted break in at 4am. When he was rumbled he threw stones and broke the windows on one side of the house before running off.
How do you get blue iris to not give you false alerts for when the dogs come into camera picture?

xcellza

Read my other post. I had 3 batteries stolen from my car in 3 onths. gggatvollll

thestaggy

Honorary Master
We've been very fortunate.

Nothing in the past year but we were awoken twice by our beams going off earlier last year. A guy was on our property. Chased him off on both occasions but the second time around he had managed to smash the window out of our bakkie and steal the radio.