Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet?

noxibox

Honorary Master
I don't appear to have a sore throat this morning. We have a doctor in the family who told me that having a side effect isn't a bad thing, it's the result of my immune response fighting.
I only came across this thread yesterday, tl;dr the whole thing, I imagine this has been mentioned before.
My wife had her 1st jab at the same time as me, no side effects for her.
The side effects like fever, swelling and such are just the innate immune system response. It doesn’t necessarily give any indication of the adaptive system’s response. Some people’s innate system is prone to overreaction.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Got my first jab today. So far, no side effects yet and arm is doing OK. Will probably start feeling it later tonight.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Got my first today. Quick and painless. Several hours later, feeling no ill effects. Next one in 6 weeks time.

NiTeD

Expert Member
Got mine (& SO) on Friday afternoon, did some shopping after and went home. Saturday morning we couldn't wake up, all the side effects were showing, between the two of us. On woke up to go to the bathroom and back, couldn't even go downstairs. Sunday was better, even went to Makro for monthly groceries. Today, we're almost back to normal.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Had the J&J on Thursday the 22nd. Felt fine on Thursday, slight headache. Fine Friday morning, Friday afternoon felt like crap. So went home.

Saturday I felt 80%. And Sunday my head felt like cottonwool.
The next week my head still felt like cottonwool to a lesser extent each day until I felt fine on Wednesday.
Could have been sinus. Definitely felt like a sinus headache which I often get

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I who are based in the Helderberg area has been challenged by the vaccination program. I have registered on EVDS last month on the 15th. To date, I haven't received any correspondence since the registration SMS. Discovery's separate COVID-19 portal has me registered, on my own credentials, as another user on my medical aid... hence I cannot make a booking through their portal. To date, they can't correct or explain this situation. There are two pharmacies here which allows bookings and walk-ins, tried them both, neither could give me a booking nor allowed a walk in without a voucher code. Same case with the state clinics, I need a voucher code, and have to wait until I receive it via SMS. The queues are long, though.

Yet, I have assisted three other people through the entire process without any issue.

Either I am having bad luck, or the ‘system’ works against me, or people younger than 40 haven't received their voucher codes. I am an impatient person, waiting 18 days since registration to receive a voucher code doesn't sit well with me.

This whole thing that I require a voucher is odd, other people I know didn't even register on EDVS and did a walk-in...

It must be good living close to CPT CBD. I don't receive a voucher by Friday, I am driving to the city.

zolly

Expert Member
This whole thing that I require a voucher is odd, other people I know didn't even register on EDVS and did a walk-in...

All the places I know don't care about the voucher code. As long as you're on EVDS that's all that matters.

It must be good living close to CPT CBD. I don't receive a voucher by Friday, I am driving to the city.

CTICC is jacked.

ab-user

Expert Member
I who are based in the Helderberg area has been challenged by the vaccination program. I have registered on EVDS last month on the 15th. To date, I haven't received any correspondence since the registration SMS. Discovery's separate COVID-19 portal has me registered, on my own credentials, as another user on my medical aid... hence I cannot make a booking through their portal. To date, they can't correct or explain this situation. There are two pharmacies here which allows bookings and walk-ins, tried them both, neither could give me a booking nor allowed a walk in without a voucher code. Same case with the state clinics, I need a voucher code, and have to wait until I receive it via SMS. The queues are long, though.

Yet, I have assisted three other people through the entire process without any issue.

Either I am having bad luck, or the ‘system’ works against me, or people younger than 40 haven't received their voucher codes. I am an impatient person, waiting 18 days since registration to receive a voucher code doesn't sit well with me.

As @Fulcrum29 said, as long as you are registered you have a voucher code. EVDS just does not share it, as they just send a generic message.

If you want to check, go to to https://www.dischem.co.za/covid-19-vaccination click book a vaccination slot, punch in your ID and they’ll show your voucher code ( I used them as a second confirmation of registration, however tonight it told me I’m not registered although I already received my first jab - most likely an error condition in the query that is handled improperly by dischem!). Take your voucher number down for peace and mind, but you should not need it to get a vaccination.

You should be able to just pitch at any public site and get vaccinated (and registered if required). Clicks, Dischem might be less willing/able to help with walk-ins

richjdavies

Expert Member
Can confirm.dischem give you the voucher code when you try to book, even if you don't go all the way through.

Didn't need it when i did a walk-in at Clicks Adderley street about 24 hours after registering.

surface

Honorary Master
Discovery vax site nearby had about 50 booths so it took just about 30-35 minutes for SO today. Initially, looking at cars in parking lot, we thought we are going to be here for a while.

bar1

Expert Member
can someone recommend a vaccine site in pretoria east/ fourways without queues,or short queues (pfizer )?
a friend of mine went yesterday and waited 3 hours.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Got my first jab today. So far, no side effects yet and arm is doing OK. Will probably start feeling it later tonight.
Probably tonight, stiff arm tomorrow and for some part of Thursday, and then gone by midday all of a sudden.

JohnMao

Executive Member
My wife gets her second Pfizer shot this week; mine is in 3 weeks time.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Probably tonight, stiff arm tomorrow and for some part of Thursday, and then gone by midday all of a sudden.

So far still nothing, arm is not really stiff, feels more like when you bumped it against a wall but in no way uncomfortable. But yeah, some people only start having some side effects a couple of days later.

Athos

Received my first Pfizer shot this past Sunday. My arm was slightly sore for a day (it's 100% now) and zero other side effects so far.

Did it at Discovery Sandton, took 31 min from arrival outside the building to getting the shot. Then I had the obligatory 15 min wait and that was it. Discovery are jacked, recommend big time.