Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet?

bar1

Expert Member
Received my first Pfizer shot this past Sunday. My arm was slightly sore for a day (it's 100% now) and zero other side effects so far.

Did it at Discovery Sandton, took 31 min from arrival outside the building to getting the shot. Then I had the obligatory 15 min wait and that was it. Discovery are jacked, recommend big time.
Stupid question but do you need to be a discovery member?

prOd

Expert Member
Got the J&J jab yesterday, felt a little 'weird' afterwards and had a brief 'moeg aanval' when I got home. But feeling good now, no symptoms today.

zolly

Expert Member
How are some people getting J&J? Is there a way to choose?

As far as I know it depends on where you live. Certain areas which can store the Pfizer vaccines are getting those, while areas without the cold storage facilities are getting J&J.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Received my first Pfizer shot this past Sunday. My arm was slightly sore for a day (it's 100% now) and zero other side effects so far.

Did it at Discovery Sandton, took 31 min from arrival outside the building to getting the shot. Then I had the obligatory 15 min wait and that was it. Discovery are jacked, recommend big time.

Also did it at a discovery site, with the 15 minute wait after the injection it took about 30 minutes. Really well organised

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
CTICC. Very organised and super friendly staff. Impressive.

First dose of Pfizer both wifey and I - no side effects whatsoever.

surface

Honorary Master
CTICC. Very organised and super friendly staff. Impressive.

First dose of Pfizer both wifey and I - no side effects whatsoever.
Discovery vax sites in GP have been reported as having similar experience - organized & friendly. At least as per limited circle I know of.

lumeer

Expert Member
How are some people getting J&J? Is there a way to choose?
I think that you get what's available. When I went for mine, they were giving Pfizer shots only to people who were there for their second injection, and everyone else got J&J.

Neuk_

Executive Member
I received the J&J this morning, my arm is a little sore but nothing else so far.

MirageF1

Executive Member
For those not on medical aid: How long are people waiting currently after registering to get their 1st appointment date? I know someone whose been waiting nearly a week with no confirmation, I got mine 2 to 3 days after registering.

Also I'm scheduled to return for 2nd jab in under 2 weeks on 17th August, yet no SMS reminder confirmation as advised, and it's been a month since I had my first jab.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
For those not on medical aid: How long are people waiting currently after registering to get their 1st appointment date? I know someone whose been waiting nearly a week with no confirmation, I got mine 2 to 3 days after registering.

Also I'm scheduled to return for 2nd jab in under 2 weeks on 17th August, yet no SMS reminder confirmation as advised, and it's been a month since I had my first jab.
Go in. I know several people who did walk-ins, including myself. The chap at the entrance asked if we had appointment or if we were walk-ins, when we indicted the latter he nodded and waved us in.