Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet?

"D"

Expert Member
I can't wait to send personal information via bats who carry 5G signals to Bill Gates.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Top of my arm was tender the evening and the next day, thats it.

I heard today that young people can be quite hard hit, particularly the 2nd dose (Pfizer). Older people seem to have less dramatic immune response.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Mirai

Expert Member
Just to add I've seen many reactogenicity effects on placebo. Sure that was for actual immuno globulin but same applies.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I heard today that young people can be quite hard hit, particularly the 2nd dose (Pfizer). Older people seem to have less dramatic immune response.
I was about to say I'm younger person, and I'm fine aside from a tiny bump on my arm... And then realised I am literally middle-aged. :confused:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I need to go for my 2nd shot this week but liefie tested positive yesterday. She is not doing too well currently but have some meds. She is due for her 2nd shot on 7 September so what should we do now seeing as we need to isolate?

R13...

Honorary Master
I need to go for my 2nd shot this week but liefie tested positive yesterday. She is not doing too well currently but have some meds. She is due for her 2nd shot on 7 September so what should we do now seeing as we need to isolate?
That's interesting as I imagine the second shot is scheduled at the max interval here. So if you can't get it does it mean you must get three shots?

I think your best bet is to phone the vaccine line and ask.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
You need to wash your hair dude.
It was clean, hehe. I was just generally sweaty, as the day was cold, but inside was warm, and I had been missioning the whole morning, etc.

What I do need to do is cut my hair, as I currently have essentially an extremely long mullet.

Reactions: Yuu

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

AFAIK there is no maximum interval between vaccinations, only a minimum. You must wait 10 days, because you may be infected, and will not pass screening to get into the facility. Someone who has been infected should wait 30-90 days, and it is not urgent to get vaccinated after infection.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I know quite a few people with the jab - 7 people.

Wife received the J&J, family with Pfizer.

No one really any side effects, part from the sore arm.

I'll probably go and get mine this coming week - J&J or Pfizer, not sure yet.

animal531

Expert Member

Call your Dr.

"D"

Expert Member
Took the JJ yesterday morning, by evening I got the flu symptoms and had a rough sleep. I'm all good now though and just recovering a bit. My gf is fine though so I think she's either a mutant or a lizard person.
If she does start massive mutations all of a sudden, save yourself with the message you gave yourself when you created that username.

Supersoaker

Expert Member
I got the J & J vaccine on the 24th August @11am, the nurse who administered the vaccine failed to inform me I could take paracetamol to assist with the side effects.

For those who are scared of needles: I donate blood on a regular basis, the syringe/needle is tiny compared to the plumbing pipe the vampires @ WC Blood group insert to draw blood.

11:00 - Received jab, the pain in your upper arm can be described as a "lammie" - punch on the arm that makes it feel numb/lame.
11:10 - Felt sedated about 10 minutes after getting the shot.
11:20 - 20 minutes in I started getting really warm (guessing its my immune system).
11:25 - Massive surge of energy, very different from a caffeine/sugar rush, it felt like when you wake up in a really good mood and your body feels on top of the world.

This buzz lasted several hours..

17:00 - I started feeling really really crappy, even sitting in front of my computer which I do for majority of the day was too much.
19:30 - This feeling wasn't going away it just kept getting worse, I began to shiver, running a fever, headache and felt nauseas.
20:30"ish" - I usually go to bed around 23:30 - 00:00 so I was struggling to fall asleep even though I felt so weak, I passed out just before 9pm.

I only ended up taking paracetamol the next day every 6 hours which helped tremendously.

By the 26th I felt much better, just had a bit of a cough and felt dehydrated due to the fever and wearing multiple layers of clothing and blankets to try and deal with the chills.

If that was even remotely similar to having covid then I'm glad I've vaccinated.

For the record I'm my in mid 20's, don't drink or smoke and usually only get sick once a year at most (head cold).