Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet?

djbrendan

Expert Member
Drove past a clinic today and saw them open and vaccinating

Long story short, got the Pfizer jab. Was a very quick process, booked in at 16:34 and back on the road at 17:01.

The only thing that bothered me was the nurse that talked to me like a little child haha - Just give me the jab women! :D

From my experience so far, not feeling anything or out of the normal. As mentioned before, I didn't know I had Covid. Everyone's take is different

Time to have a drink, Cheers :thumbsup:

djbrendan

Expert Member
I got the J & J vaccine on the 24th August @11am, the nurse who administered the vaccine failed to inform me I could take paracetamol to assist with the side effects.

For those who are scared of needles: I donate blood on a regular basis, the syringe/needle is tiny compared to the plumbing pipe the vampires @ WC Blood group insert to draw blood.

11:00 - Received jab, the pain in your upper arm can be described as a "lammie" - punch on the arm that makes it feel numb/lame.
11:10 - Felt sedated about 10 minutes after getting the shot.
11:20 - 20 minutes in I started getting really warm (guessing its my immune system).
11:25 - Massive surge of energy, very different from a caffeine/sugar rush, it felt like when you wake up in a really good mood and your body feels on top of the world.

This buzz lasted several hours..

17:00 - I started feeling really really crappy, even sitting in front of my computer which I do for majority of the day was too much.
19:30 - This feeling wasn't going away it just kept getting worse, I began to shiver, running a fever, headache and felt nauseas.
20:30"ish" - I usually go to bed around 23:30 - 00:00 so I was struggling to fall asleep even though I felt so weak, I passed out just before 9pm.

I only ended up taking paracetamol the next day every 6 hours which helped tremendously.

By the 26th I felt much better, just had a bit of a cough and felt dehydrated due to the fever and wearing multiple layers of clothing and blankets to try and deal with the chills.

If that was even remotely similar to having covid then I'm glad I've vaccinated.

For the record I'm my in mid 20's, don't drink or smoke and usually only get sick once a year at most (head cold).
Nurse lady told me to take paracetamol tonight and then again every morning for 3 days.

Got enough of those - Good to know after you mentioned it.

Yuu

Executive Member
Hey everyone,

Will it be okay to walk in and get the 2nd dose 2 days from the date given? I have my voucher/EVDS number.

04/09/2021 [Saturday] - 2nd dose scheduled. No sms reminder received yet.
I am scheduled off this coming Thurs/Fri and they only approved Sunday leave. Going to try management again on Monday but very slim chance of getting Saturday off.

I feel regardless of how one feels on day 1 of the 2nd shot, getting some days off to recover can help so I want to make sure I do what I can before next week arrives.

I did have covid in December 2020.

gimpex

Hey everyone,

Will it be okay to walk in and get the 2nd dose 2 days from the date given? I have my voucher/EVDS number.

04/09/2021 [Saturday] - 2nd dose scheduled. No sms reminder received yet.
I am scheduled off this coming Thurs/Fri and they only approved Sunday leave. Going to try management again on Monday but very slim chance of getting Saturday off.

I feel regardless of how one feels on day 1 of the 2nd shot, getting some days off to recover can help so I want to make sure I do what I can before next week arrives.

I did have covid in December 2020.

They will not do it earlier than scheduled date , I’ve tried a few places . Had to wait . But no problem to do it after the date they said.

Apparently the system where they register that u got the vaccine will not allow them to register the vaccine given

"D"

Expert Member

Really no need to squeeze it in for next week.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Well woke up with a sensitive spot on the arm where they gave me the shot.

Pretty much it, can’t see the area or redness.

Will update after my second shot.

WalkWithMe

You can still get a second infection, but if you survived the first, the risk of dying is very low.
Delta paints a different picture. I know a couple young people 20's/30's who were way worse second time and the one spent a few weeks in ICU....
Had a few funerals of a couple 70 year old the past few months with their reinfection. So maybe lower, but not zero.

maumau

Honorary Master

Nemesys

Yet you still got it, this is my argument, you can be as pedantic as you want. But it can still get you, but people will still blame others for not wearing masks or sanitising, but that doesn't look like it's enough sometimes.
My two cents worth on masks
If your nose is not covered you are not wearing a mask.
A mask should be of three layer construction with the inner layer preferably consisting of a D15 filter.
The main purpose of the mask is not so much for your own protection as for the protection of those around you. A person infected with covid-19 not wearing a proper mask or wearing the mask incorrectly can contaminate you, your cloths, mask and your shopping. I never remove my mask without first sanitizing my hands. Once a mask has been used it is placed in a zip lock bag to be ironed as per the supplier recommendation and the filter is sterilised. I do carry 2 or 3 spare masks with me so that I can replace the mask with a clean sterilised one if I need to visit multiple shops during a shopping trip.
We all see people wearing some covering on their faces but you have no guarantee that what he/she is wearing will protect you as you have no control over the quality of what they are using.
Someone in my family who is in a positron to know what she is talking about recommend/insist that we take a shower and change cloths after each shopping trip.

Grant

Honorary Master
A mask should be of three layer construction with the inner layer preferably consisting of a D15 filter.
The main purpose of the mask is not so much for your own protection as for the protection of those around you. A person infected with covid-19 not wearing a proper mask or wearing the mask incorrectly can contaminate you, your cloths, mask and your shopping. I never remove my mask without first sanitizing my hands. Once a mask has been used it is placed in a zip lock bag to be ironed as per the supplier recommendation and the filter is sterilised. I do carry 2 or 3 spare masks with me so that I can replace the mask with a clean sterilised one if I need to visit multiple shops during a shopping trip.
We all see people wearing some covering on their faces but you have no guarantee that what he/she is wearing will protect you as you have no control over the quality of what they are using.
Someone in my family who is in a positron to know what she is talking about recommend/insist that we take a shower and change cloths after each shopping trip.
Your efforts are admirable, but seem a little extreme.
But if it works for you, go for it.

My take is somewhat more simple, perhaps pragmatic - common sense should prevail.

The extent of precaution should correlate with risk.
In enclosed environments with high volumes of people, mask up, keep your distance, get in - get out.
Walking your dog in the evening down your quiet road - do as you please.

Washing clothes - again risk vs level of precaution.
Coming home from woolworths - probably not, coming home from a hospital type environment, maybe.

Don't be driven by fear or anxiety, you'll land up on prozac.
Allow common sense to prevail.

RiceZA

Expert Member
Family members think we are crazy to sanitize everything after buying groceries. I've tried explaining why we do certain things to family but they just think its funny, can you imagine just taking your mask and throwing it on the table without washing it regularly or at least sanitizing it.

I've accepted the fact that people you care about will die, there's nothing you or I can do to change that other than abiding to strict hygiene practices.

RiceZA

Expert Member
Your efforts are admirable, but seem a little extreme.
But if it works for you, go for it.

My take is somewhat more simple, perhaps pragmatic - common sense should prevail.

The extent of precaution should correlate with risk.
In enclosed environments with high volumes of people, mask up, keep your distance, get in - get out.
Walking your dog in the evening down your quiet road - do as you please.

Washing clothes - again risk vs level of precaution.
Coming home from woolworths - probably not, coming home from a hospital type environment, maybe.

Don't be driven by fear or anxiety, you'll land up on prozac.
Allow common sense to prevail.
So many people are testing positive for this virus without even being aware of it because they put it down to "its a cold/flu" and yet when they hear they got Covid they like whaaaat no ways. I feel fine.

On top of that you have individuals who've contracted the virus and felt completely fine or experienced mild discomfort/symptoms.

Apologies for coming to my point in a round about way but the point is, you can never be too careful, especially when you have people who don't give a **** about wearing a mask, contracting the virus or passing it on to others.

Nemesys

So many people are testing positive for this virus without even being aware of it because they put it down to "its a cold/flu" and yet when they hear they got Covid they like whaaaat no ways. I feel fine.

On top of that you have individuals who've contracted the virus and felt completely fine or experienced mild discomfort/symptoms.

Apologies for coming to my point in a round about way but the point is, you can never be too careful, especially when you have people who don't give a **** about wearing a mask, contracting the virus or passing it on to others.
I could not agree with you more. I have over the past 17 months developed a "mask languish" (body languish) awareness. Just looking how and what mask as person wares indicates to me if the person just wares the mask because he in forced to or to prevent getting infected. My shoppers trolley is my barrier form some people getting close to me.
You can never be too careful. Just recently we visited a medical provider and 30min after we left we were advised that the person just received a positive result of the routine test he took earlier. 10 days self isolation.