Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Hey everyone,

Will it be okay to walk in and get the 2nd dose 2 days from the date given? I have my voucher/EVDS number.

04/09/2021 [Saturday] - 2nd dose scheduled. No sms reminder received yet.
I am scheduled off this coming Thurs/Fri and they only approved Sunday leave. Going to try management again on Monday but very slim chance of getting Saturday off.

I feel regardless of how one feels on day 1 of the 2nd shot, getting some days off to recover can help so I want to make sure I do what I can before next week arrives.

I did have covid in December 2020.
My experience has been they turn people away if you try and go before due date. After makes no real difference.

Reactions: Yuu

Yuu

Executive Member
@Geoff.D
Thank you to all who responded.

What are your thoughts on waiting 8 weeks between the 2nd dose?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
@Geoff.D
Thank you to all who responded.

What are your thoughts on waiting 8 weeks between the 2nd dose?
You should ask your doctor. SA decided to follow the WHO guidelines and chose to go 6 weeks.
I have no idea what the latest WHO recommendations are.

surface

Honorary Master
None of that.
Then, you have only 2 options now if you want to save yourself. Prayer or Kali phos. If first option, select the correct god. If second, don't take fatal dose - it is about 3 million tablets so difficult to take but one never knows. You are welcome.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The manufacturer said 21 days originally. Then all the noise started about spreading the dosages out longer to give all countries their fair share. A number of countries came up with their own decisions.
Personally, I think no one knows. Politicians are all just playing games.
Equivalent to how long is a piece of string.
Here in SA, the sooner you go the better before all you can get will be the Chinese, Russian, and Cuban crap.

46Female

Expert Member
what is the difference from you having an appointment to not having an appointment?
I just got an sms saying I have an appointment for tomorrow morning but I definitely cant make it tomorrow morning.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
what is the difference from you having an appointment to not having an appointment?
I just got an sms saying I have an appointment for tomorrow morning but I definitely cant make it tomorrow morning.
Just reschedule another appointment today at a venue, date and time that suits you. Do it today. The system will then reallocate your slot to someone else.

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Most of the big sites don't care what day or time you arrive, as long as you have a valid SMS appointment. Walk-ins at private sites are treated differently, depending on whether you are registered, or non-medical aid cases, etc. Prepare to queue, but it usually goes fast.