Have you ever been subscribed to a WASP without giving permission?

Have you ever been subscribed to a WASP without giving permission?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Have you ever incurred charges from a WASP subscription which you did not sign up for?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Ha I'm the first vote.
On Vodacom prepaid around 2008. Couldn't on CellC as was top up contract so no balance and Telkom doesn't seem to have this problem.

kolaval

Expert Member
Yes, I got duped into subscribing twice. They're 9 and 8 respectivley and I keep on having to pay each month.

Script

Yes, Sim got stolen and Vodacom did not cancel it, so I was paying for wasp subscription, after 3 months of trying to proof that the problem is at Vodacom, the subscription was cancelled.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Got auto-signed up by accidentally clicking a banner ad through my cellphones web browser. CellC claimed ignorance but gave me the details for the WASP. I swore and threatened to burn that poor eastern european woman's children and eventually got the full R150 refunded.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
No, but I'm on Cell C and they make it pretty straight forward and easy to not get WASP.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Got auto-signed up by accidentally clicking a banner ad through my cellphones web browser. CellC claimed ignorance but gave me the details for the WASP. I swore and threatened to burn that poor eastern european woman's children and eventually got the full R150 refunded.
When I got my contract, the salesperson at Cell C blocked the WASP subscriptions for me. You only have to dial *133*1# and block your number from all subscriptions.

As1974a

Yes and stopped them and then recently upgraded the contract with Vodacom and seemed that the WASPS were still loaded and then started receiving nonsense until asked Vodacom to stopp again.

eg2505

Honorary Master
ip, happened a few times, those sneaky people do all sorts of tricks to sign you p to Cindy s$x talk for R40 a day.

isie

Executive Member
yep - I had to prove i didn't subscribe - MTN at that time could not or would not help , WASPA got the the Wasp in question to contact me - and after they pulled their records it proved it was subscribed form a phone model i did not own - they refunded the airtime

Napalm2880

Expert Member
When I got my contract, the salesperson at Cell C blocked the WASP subscriptions for me. You only have to dial *133*1# and block your number from all subscriptions.
This was about 7 years ago which if I'm not mistaken was before you could blanket block all subscriptions - or at least before it was well known.