Have you ever been the victim of an online scam?

Have you ever been the victim of an online scam?

• Yes

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 72.0%

• Total voters

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Have you ever been the victim of an online scam? On which platform did this scam take place?

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Gumtree, bought an xbox360 which had the RROD Shortly thereafter my place got broken into and among the items stolen was that same console

Jola

Honorary Master
Did you get your money back?
No

Seller disappeared from eBay

BTW, I will no longer buy microSD cards from eBay, but Amazon seems to be ok. However, I prefer to get them from a reputable store like B&H.

Last edited:

Hemps

Executive Member
eBay , bought Oakley Juliets or what I thought where the real thing , turned out to be plastic. :(

Jase

Expert Member
eBay, I purchased a replacement laptop fan. It was the correct dimensions but the original had a curve / notch to it. I had to take the dremmel to it to alter it to fit. It still works to this day though except it does not reach the same speed as the other OEM fan in the laptop (a replacement here in SA would have cost over R1k).

I got hit with a phishing scam once. It was well disguised and looked like it came from the client I was working for. The buggers got my CV (no personal address or ID at least).

skimread

Executive Member
Put my CC details on a fake shopping website who in turn starting buying stuff with it but that was like 8 years ago. Got my money back though