Have you ever been to a political rally?

R4ziel

Expert Member
I've been to a rally where some of the guys got drunk and got a bit political, but mostly we went there for the racing, not sure if that counts as a political rally?

DiabloDane

The DA once drove past our place in a branded bus screaming over a mic and offered me a bread.... i didnt accept the bribe

3WA

Executive Member
Yes, I've been. I was about nine or ten and my babysitter was chair of the local branch of the ANCWL. I’m not ashamed to say I ate the free food.

themba990

Expert Member
I have. My mom took me along in the early 90's, I was probably 5 or 6. It was also the first time I saw a helicopter in person as it delivered Nelson Mandela to the expectant masses. Fun times.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Yes in the 80s, mostly forced though. Some idiot and his buddies, would come and force you to go and listen to some big man idiot.
The last (and first one I attended voluntarily) was at FNB when Nelson Mandela was released in 1990.
Let me guess, Inkatha?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Give that man a Bells.
My brother once survived a good beating or even possibly murder for daring to go to school while there was an Inkatha rally, that's when I realised having the "right" surname can make all the difference.