Have You Ever Benifited from Ads?

werfie

Expert Member
Have You Ever Benefited from Ads?

So in light of this thread: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/842140-How-should-publishers-handle-ad-blockers

Has anyone actually ever benefited from the type of ads we see on MyBB and other sites? Seen a printer, car, software package, bank product, PABX system, ISP, etc that you actually signed up for/purchased based on a banner add on a website?

Also, have you ever actually purchased something from a Facebook ad?

Last edited:

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
I have personally benefited twice from ads on myBB - Courtesy of the myBB competitions I entered via the ads. Other than that... Not really.

Oh and... The app that I met my SO on. First appeared as a banner on a webpage I was browsing (when I became single). So meeting her through an app advertised on a site. Yes - I have benefited hugely.

Last edited:

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
Never.
But then I consider all advertsising a waste of time and money, a royal pain in the butt, and only for the hard-of-thinking.

werfie

Expert Member
I have personally benefited twice from ads on myBB - Courtesy of the myBB competitions I entered via the ads. Other than that... Not really.
LOL. Well if you put it like that, me too.

I have only ever purchased something based off an ad with Google Adwords, but it was me following targeted links after searching for a specific service.

Colin62

Executive Member
Once. A while back I saw a folding chair that I like, and when I got home, I googled trying to find out who made it. Gave up after wading through many websites. About 3 weeks later, there on a banner ad was the exact chair I was looking for.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
So in light of this thread: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/842140-How-should-publishers-handle-ad-blockers

Has anyone actually ever benefited from the type of ads we see on MyBB and other sites? Seen a printer, car, software package, bank product, PABX system, ISP, etc that you actually signed up for/purchased based on a banner add on a website?

Also, have you ever actually purchased something from a Facebook ad?
I won several Mybb Competitions due to those adverts so I must say, yes :)

rambo919

Expert Member
I have never nor will I probably ever see an ad for something I will actually use money on, or at least not the "low" price mentioned.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I found a powerbank for a really good price due to an add for loot...

Thor

Honorary Master
Ads in user signatures I like, it's usually something different.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I got an infrared thermometer for R200 once via a targeted Gumtree ad.

That's about it

ChocolateBadger

Expert Member
I can't speak for mybb results, but as someone who works in the industry, the results are there to warrant an increase in spend yoy over the "traditional" ad types. Also you get different ad types for different goals. Mybb is very up to date with the latest trends on ad offers in SA.

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
I can't speak for mybb results, but as someone who works in the industry, the results are there to warrant an increase in spend yoy over the "traditional" ad types. Also you get different ad types for different goals. Mybb is very up to date with the latest trends on ad offers in SA.
Well, if the goal is to irritate the crap out of potential customers, they may be hitting the target.
I often make mental notes to avoid the most heavily-advertised products at the shops.

scudsucker

Expert Member
Ads in user signatures I like, it's usually something different.
I love those. It's almost like the user is shilling his own product in his sig; that makes me trust SO much more than anonymous TV ad.