Have you ever had your smartphone stolen?

Have you ever had your smartphone stolen?

• Yes

Votes: 92 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 76 45.2%

• Total voters

redarrow

Expert Member
Years ago my Sony Xperia X10 mini pro was stolen, loved that phone. :(
This was before banking apps (or at least before FNB had one that I was aware of) so I didn't have to do that much other than change my email passwords and get my phone number back. I also reported it and supposedly the phone was blacklisted, dunno how much that really means though.

Stokstert

Executive Member
I don't know how many times I have seen people leave their phone and/or their wallet lying on the table of a restaurant. This is especially dangerous on outside tables were someone can just grab it and disappear.

I have tried to warn a few guys but mostly get "mind your own business or f...off" reply. From now on don't complain if it's gone.

ichigo

Executive Member
Nope I have never lost a phone, I still have them all at home. I keep mine either in a sling bag or in my pocket which has a zipper and I try not to put it anywhere for a second when out.

epah

Expert Member
That is a bit of a sweeping statement, this is Africa, sometimes you can't control everything.
Yap sometimes you can’t control everything but you can control your phone getting stolen.

It’s like buying a polo and then saying “oh my gosh I can’t believe I got hijacked” Uhm what did you expect.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Yap sometimes you can’t control everything but you can control your phone getting stolen.

It’s like buying a polo and then saying “oh my gosh I can’t believe I got hijacked” Uhm what did you expect.
Ah so you own a potato. Gotcha.

epah

Expert Member
Pshhh! Do you sleep?
Yeah. And when I sleep I make sure my stuff is locked in safe.

4 years ago I was in boarding school and during the night someone came into our dorm room and stole iPads/phones/laptops/iPods whilst everyone was asleep. Guess who’s didn’t get stolen coz they locked their stuff up in their cupboard like we were told. Yeah me.

So once again. Only the careless get their stuff stolen.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Nothing wrong with that, just asking. I drive a potato for the same reason :D

PhireSide

Executive Member
Never had a smartphone stolen, but I did misplace my Nokia 3200 a few years back. I presume someone needed it more than I do

Clive2

Twice.
Motorola L7 Sliver was left on my passenger seat while in shopping mall.
Thief forced door, took phone, security 'saw nothing'.
Samsung Galaxy robbed at gunpoint & assault.
Blacklisted both phones, opened docket at SAPS, still waiting for info.:whistling:

Dave

Honorary Master
Nope, I'm careful and sensible, don't leave my phone lying around and it's always locked as well.

crackersa

Honorary Master
No

Leave it lying around at work all the time and I’m not worried one bit

bigboy529

Expert Member
Luckally not.
Closest I came was back in Matric. After some or other gathering in the school hall while everyone was bundling out the doors, I felt a hand in my pocket already around my phone. I grabbed on to the wrist and he let go of my phone, but I held on to him for dear life. Eventually when I got a proper grip I could twist his wrist and turn around to see who it was, right there in the bundle of kids while still holdingg on to his twisted wrist, I moered him hard in the face 2 times. Everyone was a bit shocked, I was a prefect and this oak was a singing sensation in school, a innocent sweet angel who couldn't do anything wrong, so no one could imagine why I would suddenly snap and hit him. The entire thing blew over and I didn't even really get in to trouble, he didn't make a noise about it because he knew I caught him red handed. Obviously kids talk, after that more and more stories started coming out that he was a long time suspect for steeling things here and there in the hostel, phones, Walkman's,, Gameboy's etc.

Budza

Executive Member
Pick-pocketed.

The 'nice shoes, what size' trick, Long Street, Cape Town.

I blame SAB :p