Have you left your house yet?

• Yes

Votes: 133 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 231 63.5%

• Total voters

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yes as far as my yard. There are things outside that need doing despite what everyone thinks. Worried about the grass growth on the pavement as well, but it appears that I will just have to put up with that for 3 weeks.
Have t go to the shops tomorrow to get stuff we could not get last week. No choice.

Would have preferred to delay the need till Wednesday.

Sudo Panic

I was at woolies in my area and let's just say not one of the staff had masks on, I was the only one in the store along side 3 others customers that had a mask on.
Yeah and when they do get infected then they want to cause k@k for other people, it pisses me off that people are walking around as per normal and visiting each other.

netstrider

Expert Member
Yeah and when they do get infected then they want to cause k@k for other people, it pisses me off that people are walking around as per normal and visiting each other.
Not sure what you are talking about. Who is walking around and visiting one another?

netstrider

Expert Member
I went to get groceries, my area is usually quiet for the most part, I didn't see any police/SANDF nor were people keeping their distance except for a few. A guard at Checkers sanitizes your hands with a spray bottle when you walk in. They do limit the amount of people that can go in but we were about 6 - 8 people that walked in at once. No baskets only trolleys.

I watched a pregnant woman open a tray of eggs and proceeded to check each one with her bare hands. Mind you she wasn't wearing a mask or gloves. She put the tray back on the shelf and I asked her wtf she was doing, she said she doesn't like that brand. Yeah I didn't buy eggs from that store:ROFL::ROFL:

My cashier did not sanitize her hands nor did she wear a mask, the packer was making jokes which I didn't mind until he sneezed all over my groceries looked at me and proceeded to continue packing without giving a ****, I told him its fine I'll pack my own stuff and he told me I was being ridiculous, I asked for a manager explained the situation, told them they cannot put that produce back on the shelf, she assured me it would be "taken out to the back" I went and did my rounds again getting everything that I needed.

Safe to say I will not be going to Checkers again. I can't paint them all with the same brush but have some decency and respect the next person.
So if she had gloves you would have bought the eggs? Just asking, because the gloves do not make germs disappear by the way. In fact, they are probably more of a nuisance.

For your cashier not sanitising, they cannot possibly sanitise after every bloody person comes there unless they intend touching their own faces or eating or some other thing. Be realistic man.

sgs

Does wheeling the bin out to the street count as going 'outside'?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Does wheeling the bin out to the street count as going 'outside'?
You criminal! That’s illegal.

Oh the broken logic of all these rules that get change and modified or re-interpreted around every turn.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Will drive to Spar this morning for bread/milk etc. Not sure what's happening in the streets. Been quiet all weekend.

Matt91

Nope not yet. Might need to venture out soon though luckily I can walk to shop 800m away.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yes. To the neighbor's place. They left for the 3 weeks and asked me to just water their garden every once in a while.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Just went out to Spar. No entry without gloves and a mask. Tried to buy a mask at several pharmacies. Fokol.
So how the flying fck to you buy groceries if you can't buy a fcking mask ?

konfab

Honorary Master
I went to the pharmacy to pick up my mom's anti-depressants.
They didn't allow me in as I didn't have a mask, luckily the pharmacist saw me and filled it.

Luckily I have a few N95 masks around the house, along with the DIY ones my mom made for us.

konfab

Honorary Master
Just went out to Spar. No entry without gloves and a mask. Tried to buy a mask at several pharmacies. Fokol.
So how the flying fck to you buy groceries if you can't buy a fcking mask ?
Make one

100% cotton is about the best material people will have in their houses.

blah99

I don't know why they request masks. The vast majority of people will have no mask as they are all sold out.