• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Have you started saving for Black Friday deals?

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Have you started saving for Black Friday deals? What are you planning to buy?

gfmalan

Expert Member
No, I have a credit card and know how to use it, but I’m not going to be part af the crazy people.

I’ll take a 50gig from MTN, or a new iPad Pro (if there is a October event), and maybe some Thule stuff.

who.dat

Expert Member
Have you started saving for Black Friday deals? What are you planning to buy?
Nope I haven't been saving for Black Friday specifically. I am looking for a large capacity (4TB+) external HDD, I know the regular price range is between R1700 to R2000, so I'm hoping there are some crazy bargains for those so I can snap it up. If not, I can hold out as it is a want not a need.

Last edited:

Okty

I have budgeted for a few items I want to buy, but I have to see first if they will actually be on sale for black Friday.

Another one item is actually for 'cyber monday'.

Cius

Expert Member
Yep. I have some cash set aside and this time I have done some research ahead of time to get an idea of good prices prior to the sale. Setting up a small home office and hoping to pick up two media players. If MTN 50GB comes I will definitely grab that.

eg2505

Honorary Master
was at rage so picked up my skullcandy wireless headphones for R400
but will see if there is really something groundbreaking on black friday,

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I'm going to eat myself into a coma on Thursday and log in to Amazon.com on Friday

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
No because there's no real savings.. if you're smart you'll realise this is all just a scam.
I am not a fool that puts myself through that, and besides, I don't relish the idea of taking a leave day at work, to be squashed and mashed by idiot South Africans.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
No because there's no real savings.. if you're smart you'll realise this is all just a scam.
I am not a fool that puts myself through that, and besides, I don't relish the idea of taking a leave day at work, to be squashed and mashed by idiot South Africans.
Heard of the internet?

Oh wait...

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Heard of the internet?

Oh wait...
The internet... and also waiting until Jan/Feb when the retailers stop thinking we're all idiots and come with the stock they couldn't shift, during December or often earlier, and sell at the actual, true discount... (a-la-Takealot)

Solitude

Expert Member
After my whole ordeal with Makro, I'm not all that keen on Black Friday. Makro never paid me my money back.

Just a heads up to those who are thinking about buying from Makro on Black Friday, their support is the absolute worst. I've completely stopped buying from them.